What Game Are You Playing?

Die Young Update
Here is a review I put on Steam, after I played it some more.

I purchased this during a sale for $10. You get 2 games, one is labeled as the Prolog. I started with the Prolog, where it is described as a vacation on an island gone wrong. You start out in a sewer system, looking for a away out and off the island, picking up items, crafting basic stuff, and being tutored with mechanics. The game looks pretty, built in the Unreal Engine.

However as a “casual” player I disliked the save mechanism, which is sparsely placed camp fires. After communicating with the responsive developers, I was informed that the main game (same premise, nightmare vacation ) in Adventure Mode includes the ability to craft campfires with the sole purpose of saving the game. Curiously, crafting a campfire does not create a campfire in the world, where as a real campfire allows you to cook meat, Maybe since the game is in early access, this feature will be added in the future where crafting a campfire, actually creates one. I have not yet figured out how to harvest meat. A knife does not seem to do that. I’ll go research this online at the game’s wiki. :wink:

So, after switching over to the main game, which allows the player to craft “save campfires” and locating the difficulty settings under Options, allowing me to increase my stamina, strength, and hydration (even after the game has been started) this has turned the game around for me for the better. I’m not going from full hydration to empty in 40 minutes of game play. I can save a game at a time of my choosing without too much effort. With a heavy wrench (found In the vicinity of a broken water pump), a knife I found sticking out of a dead dog, or a home made knife, I can reasonably expect to emerge from a dog fight reasonably uninjured. Exploration is fun and I’m enjoying the game.

Of note:

• The game encourages exploration, you’ll find things of interest, and supplies, items. When you are no longer so worried about dehydration, you can more enjoy your surroundings even under the circumstances. :wink:
  • The game guides you with objectives, frequently found by way of notes written by people in the game.
  • It has a fun climbing mechanism like Tomb Raider or The Climb, with a fatigue element, easy to execute.
  • There is a perception mechanism that highlights significant objects, people, and animals, making it easier to navigate the landscape.
  • Crouching is sneaking, always helpful, especially in tall grass or crops.
  • Being able to fine tune the difficulty level for personal preference makes all the difference in enjoyability
  • Combat with other than the big sickle hulks, is doable, and makes you feel good about your combat prowess. At least you no longer feel like a weakling, if you have modified the difficulty settings like I did. :wink:
  • Most buildings, if they can’t be accessed via a door or window, can be climbed. Look around for a way up.
  • I can’t say how much replay ability the game has. Once you’ve seen and explored an area, you’ve seen it. I suppose you could go back and see what you missed, but at the current price, this would not stop me from purchasing it.

So, to wrap up, being a relatively new player and not that far into the game, I’m enjoying it,

1 Like

May 2020

• Die Young- Escape an island, avoid guys with sickles and Rottweilers. It’s ok.
  • Fallout 4- just about wrapped this playthrough up, 10 months later, cleaned Nuka World of Raiders, building some settlements.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2- Solo, MP is not enough to hold me.
  • World of Warships- Have a couple of Tier 9 battleships.
  • Fallout 76- Wastelanders update added interactive NPCs a big step forward, online multiplayer, not as immersive as Fallout 4 solo game. You’ll want a subscription or the carry restrictions without a portable tent will be onerous.

DCS World - Digital Combat Simulator (FA-18, F16, A10 Warthog, P-51 Mustang, FC3)
DOOM Eternal (Steam version)

POE Delirium enough to get a bit bored and a bit burned out after a couple of Leagues where I really hit it; Diablo III, always a go-to after all of these years (I often follow a POE League with D3); Star Trek Online (after years away); Wolcen, but it just wasn’t really ready as a solid game and while I appreciated the frequent updates several of them completely nerfed many builds; a bit of Bioshock Remastered; Torchlight II; thinking of doing some NWN or NWN2

I’m on Conan but very little of late and thinking of starting Elite & Dangerous as I’ve owned it for quite some time but never played yet. I do love me some good Space Simulation/RPGs. Sure wont be Star Citizen, ever, or EVE again, haha. Will probably need some friends if I do >.> <.<

Currently playing FFXIV and Destiny 2

If you do begin a career in Elite Dangerous take your time setting up, if that’s your thing, your HOTAS / Joystick+Mouse in the control configurations. Some controls you will not really know how they’ll function until you purchase a module that carries the scarab a lunar wheeled vehicle.

For both ED and X4 I took a couple hours each night for two nights after work setting / tweaking my controls. There’s alot of settings especically with ED and probably more on the way now, well a year away, with the in person on foot game play mechanic.

Just a heads up.

1 Like

June 2020

• Die Young- Fizzled, quit.
  • Fallout 4- Started a third play though. Yes, I’m pathetic. :laughing:
  • Red Dead Redemption 2- Very iffy.
  • World of Warships- Have a couple of Tier 9 battleships. Still curse War Gaming… :grimacing:
  • Fallout 76 - Fizziled, quit.
  • Conan Exiles- Thinking about giving this another try on a private server. Dismayed that my solo game save started 3 years ago maybe kaput.
  • grim dawn : this time a 2H lightning w cold aoe (devotion) build. soldier + shaman aimming for lvl 100 in ultimate difficulty.
  • ark survival : 4th attempt in a year. solo single player.
  • Div Orig Sin 2 : 2nd attempt , first attempt cleared alot of the quests in Fort Joy. So it’ll still be a very new game for me.
  • Borderlands 3 : Base game + “Jacks” DLC done , haven’t played much since. Been farming Phoenix for a good deathless artifact for my Moze. Up to Mayhem 4 now and doing better than I figured.
  • No Mans Sky : 2nd play/2nd Character. 1st character completed the 2 big mission lines and the then new underwater diver’s helmet. Started fresh on normal. Very slowly getting a mission segment done here and there.

wanting to re-install Fallout 4 and start fresh … hmmm be restart #5 or so for me. Though all the DLC would still be new for me. Never made it to any of them.

1 Like

Did you see my input in the Fallout 4 thread about some outstanding content mods, Project Valkyrie, Outcasts and Renegades?

Is anyone playing War Thunder tanks? I looked though the OTG directory and and did not find this title.

1 Like

I seem to always play the games no one else does lol! Currently playing Riders of Icarus on a private server :slight_smile:

WoW Classic, Sonic All-Star Racing, and some other things here and there. I’m an indecisive gamer and always just seem to revert back to an MMO. My 500 backlogged games glare at me in disapproval. :frowning:

Yea… I gave up trying it for now until I can afford a new PC to justify buying the joystick and the more I thought of all the extras soon to come. I still have it downloaded though and it still peaks my interest time to time, but then there’s the overwhelming noobie wall and I’ll save it all for a rainy day here in the near future.

This is how I feel when someone asks, “What game are you playing?” LoL. I’m back here looking over things again thinking of how to update anything particular or just carry on

I generally start thinking, “I should play a game.” Then I log into my Steam account and spend over an hour going through my catalog of over seven hundred games to find the one that piques my interest the most. Failing at that due to the sheer number of options, I close out Steam and log into GOG and spend over an hour going through my catalog of over a thousand games to find one that piques my interest the most. Then I finally realize that I spent over three hours trying to decide what game to play without ever downloading anything, and now I don’t have any time to play a game anymore since now I need to work on other stuff. :unamused:

I’ve done that plenty of nights. I kinda like the way the Microsoft Xbox for PC client has a dice roller you can use to pick your next game. Even the new Steam client has that as a helped – try this next or something. But yeah, I have to dedicate 3 or 4 games as my gaming realm for a while or I get lost in the quagmire.

Well, your not alone the past couple of months I’ve been so bored. Basically I work, lift weights, sleep, and usually engaged in a game to keep my brain from going numb. I will usually play a RPG, ARPG, or a survival type then with spare run time cycles, ie: when I’m at work, I’ll be theory crafting my characters developement or goals. Haven’t played a MMO for a few years now as I’ve been waiting for Pantheon RotF to arrive. Currently, besides Pantheon : RotF, I’ve been looking at Cyberpunk 2077 (storyline, chr developement, environment detail, plus future expansions + other dlc) and Baldur’s Gate 3.

currently pretty much kicking the dirt around 7 Days to Die , still fighting Mech’s in Battletech (Paradox/HBS), and giving WH40K Inq. Martyr a 2nd chance. Oh, and going through the motions with Borderlands 3 Halloween holiday event.

… but yeah I will launch Steam and stare at my collection of errr 50 games for a bit then I’ll launch Epic launcher and do the same.

Hi all! New member here :slight_smile:

Lately I’ve been playing through The Walking Dead Telltale series because it’s spooktober, about to start New Frontier. Also played co-op Salt & Sanctuary (2D Dark Souls metroidvania) some this week. Otherwise had an idle game running while I’m busy during the day.

Been wanting to start fresh with something a bit more social and massively multiplayer but haven’t yet decided on what.

Edit: welp Fallout 76 is having a free weekend so am trying that out a bit when I get a chance. Also got into a new Titan Quest co-op campaign this weekend.

I’ve bouncing around games as usual and have taken a break from MMO’s for now, although I gotta get back into ESO sometime and finish the most recent content I bought.

Been playing the crap out of Ghost of Tsushima on the PS4, the best samurai simulator ever.
Still working my way through Assassin’s Creed Odyssey on and off two years after it was released. Yeah, I’ve been playing it on and off for a long time now, guess I should finish it up.
Loaded up Pillars of Eternity again and this time I’m gonna finish it. last time I played it I started the White March expansion too soon and got stuck on a big fight I couldn’t win and couldn’t back out of.
Working my way through Metro Exodus to finish out the series.
Still need to sit down and play Star Wars Squadrons as I have barely touched it since it came out and now that I just picked up Elite Dangerous perhaps I should finish one space game before starting another.

Too many games, too little time.