Weird DDO Graphic Glitch - Resolved

I’m writing this both in case it happens to some other poor fool or in case it recurs to this poor fool I’ll remember wth I did to fix.

Symptom: DDO suddenly appears in the top 20% of the screen all scrunched and flickering. After trying a lot of other things I accidently discovered it worked fine in Windowed mode (Alt Enter flips you in/out) even stretched to full size. Seybold kindly sent me something he found from someone reporting a similar problem which while it didn’t work, sent me in the right direction. For the TurbineLauncher.exe file, File Properties, Compatibility, there is an option “Disable fullscreen optimizations” that was checked. I unchecked it, and then things were fine. I was tempted to find an old backup and see how the file properties used to look as I certainly never messed around with this by hand before yesterday, but I’m not feeling that ambitious.

Now my only problem is I installed a ton of updates trying to fix the problem originally and they glitched some other stuff that I’m still trying to fix. Allow me a moment to vent pls
WHY DOES MS HAVE TO SCREW WITH THE WAY ALT-TAB WORKS AFTER 20 DAMNED YEARS!!!
ok that’s better. Back to the bowels of Regedit.

1 Like

It’s not just MS, it’s everybody. We call it Reverse-Improvement.
I see it everywhere!