War Within update: The pre-patch will go live on July 23 after the weekly reset w/some Achieves & Rewards going away

I just noticed this video put out by SignsOfKelani which goes over quite a bit of what we may see in the new xpac.

This patch may see a reduction in groups running “no healer groups” in the War Within. That’s an interesting change. They are giving a boost your health pool yet keeping the amount you fill it with about the same. Casual solo play aside, was there a problem of healers being left out of the mix?

Yea I saw that too. I don’t think Bliz has done right by healers over all. There’s always one that outshines all the rest for the average player. I hope to see more balance over all. I don’t main a healer any longer because I can’t keep up due to physical issues with my hands. Its easier for me to dps now which is what I’m sticking with for this next xpac.

Here is more info on what achievements and rewards will be locked just prior to the maintenance next week:

The pre-patch will go live on July 23 after the weekly reset, though be aware of the Mythic leaderboards locking the night before that. The full expansion is releasing on August 26, or August 22 for those with early access.

There were some group composition that allowed for more self-reliance on defensives/self heals that allowed certain dungeons to be run with 4 dps or 1 augment evoker and 3 dps. The off heals and core abilities allowed for a healer to ride the bench. Now with the recent tank nerfs, Blizz is trying to ensure that composition is not feasible in higher end keys.

Thank you for the clarification.