Trustee (Age 93) with New Gaming PC for Starfield

I’ve ordered a new super-duper gaming pc for starfield. Looking forward to tons of fun.
I’m still around and gaming, Oh my.

27 Likes

“Grandma, why do you need a good computer? Aren’t you too old?” “Little one, we had to invent computers so we could play games. It’s because of us you can play games at all!”

8 Likes

Seems like starfield is just the game that calls for a new gaming pc. I’m looking forward to the game, and looking forward to the new pc. Happy gaming.

4 Likes

Any excuse is a good excuse for a new PC!! Cities: Skylines 2 will probably be mine. A new video card, at least. The rest of it is current. :rofl:

1 Like

I have upgrades planned when I get my quarterly bonus in 2 days…

1 Like

Is the expectation you should be gaming on a more appropriate system. Like:

Perhaps we should have the whipper snappers confine themselves to 6502/65c816 based computers for a week.

2 Likes

I do not like that hitting ‘enter’ immediately posts. Can that be turned off?
Or perhaps a combo of enter and another key I didnt realize I was pressing? Hmmm

This was supposed to be one post not 3.

Anyhow, people have been doing the why do you need a computer anyways (back when I was on an apple 2c and mac //fx) and later the why do you need one that good for over 35 years and we dont care for it either.

I am on the fence about Starfield - it looks awesome, though Bethesda is know for releasing games that are buggy as shit and I am hip deep in D4, need to start BG 3, and, well, the list could go on and on.

If your in the Reno area I can lend you a retro system to inflict on the little ones. :slight_smile: Or you can ebay one for not too much (last I checked) Can USB to Serial port to get software in and then start formatting, writing disks.

1 Like

Click on the hamburger menu and select Keyboard Shortcuts at the bottom.

You can edit your existing post and keep going. :stuck_out_tongue:

I did try to edit - it wasnt behaving. :frowning: I’ll check the settings.

My gaming pc is old - starfield called for me to make a change, and I’ll really enjoy it. At my age it’s probably going to be my last one.

3 Likes

Hmmm:

MINIMUM:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

• Processor: 3.0GHz Four Core CPU (Intel i5-7400, AMD Ryzen 3 1200)

• Memory: 8 GB RAM

• Graphics: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti, AMD Radeon HD 7870, AMD Radeon RX 570, 2GB VRam

• DirectX: Version 11

• Storage: 25 GB available space

• Sound Card: Standard

• Additional Notes: HDD supported, SSD preferred. Target performance: 30fps at 1920x1080 resolution with medium to low video settings. Please note that Intel Integrated Graphics (UHD, Iris Xe) are not supported. Try the free demo!

MINIMUM:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

• Processor: 3.0GHz Four Core CPU (Intel i5-7400, AMD Ryzen 3 1200)

• Memory: 8 GB RAM

• Graphics: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti, AMD Radeon HD 7870, AMD Radeon RX 570, 2GB VRam

• DirectX: Version 11

• Storage: 25 GB available space

• Sound Card: Standard

• Additional Notes: HDD supported, SSD preferred. Target performance: 30fps at 1920x1080 resolution with medium to low video settings. Please note that Intel Integrated Graphics (UHD, Iris Xe) are not supported. Try the free demo!

AMD recommends using an AMD Ryzen 7 7700X CPU with an AMD Radeon RX 6800 Series graphics card for 1440p. According to the red team, this combo will be “ideal for hardcore 1440p or widescreen gamers to deliver max visual settings and high fps.

For 4K gaming, AMD suggests using an AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D with an AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT graphics card. AMD states that this PC system will provide the “absolute best Starfield experience in 4K.”

1k requirements a not to stiff, 4k is amazingly high. Guess I really do need a new mobo/cpu.

@Trustee I expect we will see you (or at least I hope) for many more games in the future though I can see how this one would keep someone busy for months to years.

If you need hardware/tech build advise I am happy to help. I build my own systems, well I did till my back got too bad, now I buy the parts and pay a shop to assemble. They do better with cable management anyways.

Thats the way to go my friend. Now where did you get the new rig and whats the stats… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I live in Oxford, North Carolina and there is a business near by (Data Forge) who does pc work - they have rigged a gaming pc for me before and the specs of the gaming pc they are rigging for me now are very good. I’m an old man. An Old Timer for years. A systems analyst for years. It would take a while to lay out the specs of the new pc, but it’s a good build and I’m looking forward to using it. Wheeeee. Starfield bring it on.

8 Likes

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

(Yes that’s a complete sentence silly forum bot)

1 Like

Heyas Splutty and Trustee…you old timers you :slight_smile: I built my last pc 7 years ago and its was a screamer…so here comes Starfield that I have been waiting for, for such a long time. And I realize my pc is at the low end. Ack, where did the time go? So I got me a new screamer and Im ready to live my life in Starfield. If it grabs me like any of the Bethesda games of the past does, I will lose my job probably lol. I’ll be screaming for mobile access haha! I took Friday off from work to add to my game time…I havent done that in years! And I did that for MMORPGs not a singular RPG. Enjoy the game yall! Lets have some fun like games were meant to be played

My new gaming pc being delivered and set up on Friday Sept 1. I love Bethesda games and look forward to getting lost in Starfield too. My new pc is a “screamer” too. Good gaming to all. Oh my.

Also, my “screamer” new graphics card + 4k pc display for college football and movies.
Just in time for football season.

3 Likes

Yah, i probably have to upgrade my wife’s gaming laptop for that one too. The gtx1650ti in the G15 isn’t gonna cut it I’m afraid, so I’m checking out am rtx4080 alienware m16 possibly.

A quick tip for anyone playing Starfield: install the game on a SSD, it will run very much smoother, and the scene load times will be much quicker.

May we all be as spry as Trustee when we get to that step in our life ladder!

1 Like

I’m still hanging in there. Got a new gaming pc and beginning to play starfield.