Upcoming v10.0 (ETA: Monday Noon EST :P)
- Claim Flags now allow a “Neutral Zone” setting which allows any other tribes to build within them, with the specified tax rate applied to them. You are also able to specify an inclusion or exclusion list to these, to only allow or exclude specific company ID’s / player ID’s. All claim flags will have this enabled as a default setting when placed, and this will also be a retroactive change. However, it will not function until Wednesday the 9th of January at NOON EST, where we will release another server update to make Neutral Zones active. This means you will have two days, from Monday to Wednesday, to decide and adjust the settings on your claim flag before the change is live.
- Server performance improvements
- All Cannons/Turrets can now be pin code protected for lever activation/deactivation
- There are 4x as many trade ships on the seas, and they now also sell commodity types for gold, as do NPC’s at Freeports.
- Lawless servers can no longer be specified as Homesevers. If your Homeserver was a lawless server, you’ll be required to pick a new (Freeport) Homeserver upon respawn.
- You can now buy a “Ramshackle Sloop” from the NPC Shipyardsman at Freeports. The “Ramshackle Sloop” is a pre-built sloop which has permanently lower plank HP, carry weight, and crew limit, but is cheaper and faster to acquire if you want to get into sailing faster.
- “Favorites” server selection drop-down is added for Unofficial
- Joining through Steam browser server list with password now properly caches the password for ATLAS travel
- Fixed up some temperature scalings and Weather events are now indicated on the HUD
- Armour effectiveness will be adjusted so that firearms are more useful in PVP
- Fixed some bugs related to Sea Claims, Enemy Claim Flags can now be directly pinged to identify any contesting enemies nearby, and the time required to steal an enemy claim now decreases the more Claims that enemy team has.
- Farming rebalances to be easier; water can now pipe uphill, region requirements for growing crops are more forgiving, and crop growth & yield is much faster and higher.
- Reduced shovel stamina cost.
- You can now fill waterskins/jars from ground spouts.
- Metal Tools can no longer damage the planks of anchored ships.
- 50 more player levels added, and Skill Points per level increased.
- Loot stat scaling has been boosted (retroactively) by 60%
- Some ship costs have been adjusted, and in some cases reduced by approximately about 50%
- Animals health regen rebalanced, so they’re not regenerating high amounts whilst in combat!
- Eating poop is now instant-death
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t kill yourself by exhaustion (for stuck situations)
- Pipes can now move water upwards and the vertical limit on underground junctions has been eliminated. Also, pipes can go farther without foundation requirement, and underground junctions can now be snapped onto existing pipes.
Creature specific changes:
- Sea Monsters’ damage has been reduced by 66%
- Tames HP and Damage scaling nerfed by about 40%, and Gunshots and Cannons/Explosions damage to tames increased 50%
- Killing the Monsterous Sperm Whale or Blue Whales (as they’re now named) provides (one-time) 50 Discovery Points each to everyone within 100k units of that event.
- Penguin AoE insulation now scales by level, the higher the level, the more insulation.
- Updated Mounted and Rider buffs to display icon while active, to better inform players the source of stat boosts.
- Dolphins now periodically leap out of the water. If you’re nearby to witness that at close-range, you’ll gain a temporary Intelligence buff!
- Updated affinity ineffectiveness values based on the recent x2 taming increase
- Updated creature specific buffs and ability value clamps to be scaled across 130 levels, due to recent extra 30 level ups for tames.
- Increased Wolf attack destination offset and increased some physics bounds to reduce clipping into players. Temporarily increased Wolf saddle scale in the engine to limit fur clipping.
- Added floating damage numbers to onfire and monkey poop buffs. Added unique buff icons. Significantly reduced all stat value modification amounts on poop buff, and reduced to 8 seconds.
- Updated taming ineffectiveness values to allow the highest efficiency to only be achieved with Taming Proficiency skill 3.
- Updated bleed buff to show floating numbers min value of 1 instead of floating zeros.
- Updated some undesired movement speed bonuses on tamed creatures
- Adjusted Seagull and Crow aggro speeds (Would previously take a long time to de-aggro). Updated collision to allow player attacks to land more consistently.
- Updated Vulture AI to only target sleeping humans if the player is connected. Updated attack logic to better harvest corpses, while reducing its melee swing radius (Was previously hitting from very far away)
- Reduced Bee movement to allow player attacks to land. Reduced sting buff duration to better reflect its size.
- Increased harvest amount of fur and milk from Sheep and Cow to incentivise taming and better compete with natural resource gathering amounts. Updated max yield timings to scale with creature level, similar to other creature abilities, instead of food value.
- Added durability decreased to the bucket when milking.
- Clamped amount of fur gained from harvesting wild sheep, again to incentivise taming. Wild sheep will also flee and may attack players after excessive shearing.
- Added Lion roar animation.
- Fixed fur stretching on Wolf’s face and hind leg
- Decreased Crocodile swim speed.
- Updated taming foods to allow a variety of items to be used in taming creatures.
Effectiveness left(more) to right(less):
Tier 1 Chicken - Berries Monkey - Berries Parrot - Hardtack, or Berries Rabbit - Carrots, or Berries Sheep - Flowers, or Berries
Tier 2 Bear - Honey, Vegetables, Fruits or Berries Cow/Bull - Rushes, Fronds, Vegetables, Fruits, or Berries Crow - Worms, Fruits, or Berries Horse - Sugarcane, Vegetables, Fruits, or Berries Ostrich - Chili, Vegetables, Fruits, or Berries Penguin - Prime Fish Meat, or Fish Meat Pig - Maize, Vegetables, Fruits, or Berries Seagull - Prime Fish Meat, or Fish Meat Vulture - Spoiled Meat, or Worms Wolf - Prime Animal Meat, Bones, or other Meats
Tier 3 Elephant - Wheat, Vegetables, or Fruits Giraffe - Beets, Vegetables, or Fruits Lion - Prime Animal Meat, or other Meats Rhino - Turnip, Vegetables, or Fruits Tiger - Prime Animal Meat, or other Meats