Tips and other stuff you discovered (Spoilers?)

I don’t take their stuff, and if they run away I let them. It did sound kind of harsh!

1 Like

The only downside to hitting L-Alt to bash with your weapon is that if you have a grenade equipped, it’ll toss it.
Rant: When I want to toss a grenade, I have to cook it first, otherwise I end up bashing. When I want to bash someone, I end up throwing a grenade even if I tap the button /Rant

Yeah I was wondering about the left-alt thing lol

You go to bash an enemy… and instead throw a grenade at them. Harsh! :open_mouth:

Yeah, I totally gave up on bash attacks because of that . Now, my bash attack is shotgun to the face.

1 Like

If you come across any plans for undergarments BUY THEM!
I bought one that said it was a Raiders Lead-Lined Undergarment, and when I learned it, it gave me the Lead-Lined mod for the Vault 76 undergarment.
In addition to giving all 3 resists, it also gives +Int, Str, Per, and End (I’ll update this post with exact numbers when I log back in tonight)

3 Likes

:rofl: Thanks for the laugh.

I was going to reply with
image , but there’s no need now.

I have the same issue with drinking from sinks. I have the bad habit of spamming E to loot containers and inevitably drink unwanted rads while scavenging.

If you’re willing to spend the Perk points on it, Lead Belly will solve that one.

2 Likes

yeh lead belly goes from 30% to 60% to 100% immune to rads that you eat
I’m working on the disease one now

1 Like

THIS.

1 Like

If you use Pharma Farm perk or Can Do! perks to get more meds/canned goods when you scavenge, you need to first loot the container, then hit the 'Search" button to get the extra goodies. Those perks do NOT work passively.

I just found this out.

3 Likes

The use of one single key for bash/power attack/grendae , this is something that really annoys me in the game, but I have gotten used to it to the point where I can bash or power melee attack or throw a grenade without cooking the it. Tapping the left alt will bash while holding it down will throw the grenade. The game controls are pretty touchy when it comes to the difference. It comes down to getting the feel for just lightly quickly tapping the left alt for bash/melee power attack, the game seems to consider a more forceful press to be holding down the key in a sense. If it helps, when you want to bash just fast tap the left alt key a couple few times for a single bash and this will stop the game’s controls sensitivity or whatever it is from reading the key presses as forceful enough to throw a grenade instead of bashing/power attacking.

Personally I don’t use bash much because I feel maybe it adds more to weapon deterioration. They really need to add armor/weapon repair kits to use in the field. My shotgun broke in the middle of fighting a level 32 crown wendigo last night (I’m lv 24 at this point mind you) and I almost freaked out hehe, kept my cool mostly and still managed to kill it.

Ultimately, it’s just dumb they have bash/power attack/grenade on the same damn key. Really, I can’t think of another game that doesn’t have melee attack and grenade on different freaking keys. This should be something they fix soon, if they don’t their just being stupid.

1 Like

Just learned today that you can build extractors over any mining resources (not just at workshops) as long as they are within the boundaries of your camp. This guy mapped them all out:

3 Likes

Interesting. OTG should set up a town on one of those clusters. :grin:

On a side note, I can’t wait for factions (clans) and private servers to be implemented.

How to change your social icon.

You know when you open the social tab, you see a bunch of names there and almost every single one has the fallout boy icon next to it, right? Well you can actually change your icon so you don’t look like 99% of the other players.

Now there is probably/hopefully a better way to do this but the only way I’ve found so far is to open the Atom Shop, go to the Icons section, and scroll down until you see the ones you already own, now click on something you like. You can change your icon to anyone of those, or buy new ones if you fell like it. I’m currently using the lightning bolt.

1 Like

This also gives you the small water purifier plan to use at your C.A.M.P. Unlike the other water purifiers, it does not need to be planted in a body of water, but can be put in the ground. As such you can build anywhere and always have a clean source of water.

DO you know if it works the same with the ammo scrounger perk?

it should, like with the canned goods one too. Any perk that you benefit from my looting a container should give you a ‘search’ option that you hit spacebar for, shortly after looting the regular visible loot in the container.

the plans for the water purifier are at the Charleston Capitol Building Overseer’s cache in the DMV building(east door when in the middle of the building halfcircle

The “Water Purifier” and “Industrial Water Purifier” must both be placed in water. The “Water Purifier - Small” can be placed in the ground and that comes from claiming a workshop the first time (or apparently can be purchased off the traveling supermutant merchant).