Time to upgrade, opinions on whats best bang for the buck?

It’s time to upgrade. I know it’s arguably better to DIY but I’m just not up for it this time. I’ve got up to 5k to drop on something wonderful. Any suggestions on a great pre-built rig?

IMO it is best if you find a local computer store that can make what you want and suggest options for price/performance for what you want or need.

FYI
I had this computer made in 2014:

Processor: Intel Core i7 4930K LGA 2011 3.4GHz 130W Six-Core
Cooler: Corsair H100i Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid Cooler
Case: Fractal Design ARC-MIDI-R2
Power Supply: Sea Sonic M12II 850W
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z79-UP4
Memory: 32GB DDR3 1600 CL9
Optical Drive: Samsung 24X DVD+/-RW
Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD + Western Digital 1TB HDD
Graphics: ZOTAC GTX 780AMP 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I’ve replaced the GTX 780 twice upgrading to better Graphics Cards.

My latest card is;
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB

You will get great service from either Origin PC or XOTIC, and you can get something better than just straight pre-built. :grinning:

Checkout PCMR Builds, it lists a number of builds by cost / performance. Even if you don’t like the exact build listed, it may point you in the right direction.

Here is another one for you.

Digital Storm

High quality and customizable. I just ordered a new rig to replace the one I purchased from them in 2014. I have been extremely satisfied.

For this build I went with the Ryzen 7, 32 gigs of ram, 3060 ti for video, and an 850w power supply for future video card upgrades. I toyed with the Ryzen 9 and better video card but the cost difference didn’t justify the potential increase in performance. They have custom cooling options if you want to go there.

Cheers