Themes

Yeah, I think we need to find a dark theme with better contrast. Aging eyes have trouble with low contrast, and all these dark themes are pretty low.

I did a little looking around the other day, but haven’t uncovered one. Possibly, we’ll have to define our own that has whiter whites and bolder bolds. We can call it “laundry soap”.

1 Like

Laundry soap… nice! Or maybe Eyewash… =)

1 Like

I’ve been working on some Vincent variations but it’s more complicated than I expected. Hopefully I can get those working someday!!

4 Likes

I like 'Vincent", although I’d like the default text color to be a bit brighter. The darker them with the blue/teal is nice though!

Would it be possible to add a theme with more depth, something more like that layouts the old school sites of the early 2000’s, these newer layouts/themes seemly used by every platform today seem very flat and bland to me.

(As an example only)
black-blue-php-fusion-theme

Discourse doesn’t use widgets… the things on the sides. It was designed to be flat… you’ll notice that each topic is presented in a scrollable stream, no “pages” to turn. This works much better in a smaller footprint like a tablet or phone.

And mobile traffic on the internet is now over 50% of total usage so yeah, those of us who prefer accessing via PC are becoming dinosaurs.

:wink: