The game, the rut, my possible conclusion

Yes, I do encourage a bit of silliness when it comes to our collective approach to gaming.

In truth, I have died in WoW. Way more than I have in real life, in fact. But so it goes.

2 Likes

I use a dot lock myself, and feel pretty much invincible much of the time (ignoring all my deaths from being foolish) . The legendary grind annoys me some, but it should not be too easy anyway. Definitely take advantage of opponents attacking boss mobs. Once you unlock world quests, you will get swarms of help. :slight_smile:

I really like the stories. I find myself actually reading quest text, and watching cut scenes. I really like the flavor of the sanctum upgrades as well. Hang in there and have fun. If that means making level 1s of each class and starting over, nothing wrong with that!

Well that might be a bit of a problem. I had a WQ last night in Ardenweald to close 5 portals. In order to do so I had to kill so many X-mobs to obtain their cores (I forget what they are called now), then use the coresā€™ ground radical to close the portals. Although there was tons of mobs, there were also tons of Horde players.

But as it happened, whenever I targeted a mob I needed, it was grayed out to me because it had already been tagged by a Horde. So Bliz has once again dropped the ball on this in that both factions needed the mobs to close the portals, but only one faction gets credit AND the drop to use to close them.

I tried joining up a LFG for it since that was available, but each one I tried I got denied. So in this instance, having help with a WQ was totally broken, if there were not enough mobs NOT tagged by the other faction for you to use.

I also noticed that sometimes when I did manage to tag a mob to use, it would be red for a bit then all of a sudden go gray ~ which appeared to happen when more than one player of the other faction started damaging it. So it appears that the amount of damage can also change a mob from yours to theirs. I do wish Bliz had thought this one out better.

It took me over an hour just to do this, plus several deaths. When I did find some mobs I could use, I got overwhelmed because they respawned almost instantly and I ended up on the bottom of a dog pile. Getting irritated made me determined to get this one done and I was still angry when I finished.

But I did get satisfaction out of all this. It appeared that the portals that did spawn, were slow to respawn so when I had more than 5 of those cores on me, I just ran around closing those I did find while the Horde were fighting the mobs just in front of them. I got a nasty whisper for ā€œstealing their portalā€ from that episode. That made me grin. I canā€™t tell you how many times I was on the other end of that type of event.

Tag with direct damage, NOT a dot. If someone from the opposite faction damages it before your dot ticks, you lose. Keep your instant cast direct damage spell on the same keybind for each character - you will soon get really good at tagging mobs.

1 Like

Thanks, I did not think of that. Appreciate the tip.

Affliction - tag with Corruption, while a dot, it now applies damage at cast and is instant
Destruction - Conflagrate is instant cast and you should have 2 charges available

Corruption damage as well as a dot? Wow, I donā€™t remember that change. Thanks. Iā€™ll setup my dot macro with Corruption first then.

As for Destro, Iā€™ll make sure I have conflagrate marked for tagging.

Thanks Macneel, for this info.

I tend to use Drain Life for multi-tagging and donā€™t experience stealing problems like I do with Immolate. There are no charges to worry about, but it applies minimal damage if tagging quickly. Conflagrate is nice burst damage.

I main Hunter. very relaxing to have a pet do most of the work. BM for a stronger pet reliance. Im playing MM now just for a change of pace. Iā€™m happy to group on old, new, questing. I find the grouping/socializing the best part.

I understand that I am a minority in this (but I do have a friend who feels same way) but ā€¦ I do not like anything about Shadow Lands so far and I am level 57 I think. The quests might as well be written in japaneseā€¦ they make no sense at all. I do not like the 3 areas I have been in. I prefer Boralis, Griz hills etc than this silly fairyland landscape. The ā€˜faeā€™ took me back to Everquest game from many years ago. I have played wow for 15 yrs and now find myself not wanting to log in, so I went back to work on my lower level alts. I just donā€™t get why everyone seems to love SL.
Ok, now you can all scream at me. (ps I do not raid)

No, donā€™t worry. Bliz seems to have gone to scavenger hunt puzzles for quest texts. I have really had a problem with a lot of them, where Iā€™ve actually had to go Google the name of the quest to find out exactly what they mean with the obscure text comments. Although, I have to admit, the basic story quests (! encased in a shield) seem to be more straight forward.

Personally, after finishing all the zones, I found I preferred the Night Fae. Because I main a lock, the fox morph ability and the soul rot talent are the best for my uses Iā€™ve found. Especially the ability to morph into a fox that blinks ahead and has speed. Locks are notoriously slow because of the lack of speed so this was a no brainer for me.

But the Night Fae sorta reminded me somewhat of EQII in some ways, but mostly it reminds me of Azuna in Legion a lot. I totally enjoyed that xpac and thought the Azuna areas were beautifully done too.

I started the xpac with my shammy as my main. With the combat being slower than I was used to, I decided to try some alts in case it was a class issue. I found that both my DK and warlock have survivability issues, so I considered bringing my hunter and paly in. While waiting for room to open up in my brain to be able to handle that, I decided to finish leveling my shammy from 57 to 60, just for completion.

Surprisingly (to me), Iā€™m not having any trouble staying alive with her, so Iā€™ve decided to go back to using her as my SL main. Iā€™ve come full circle. Funny how things develop sometimes.

Kinda with ya there as well as with Aerythe as I tend to wander off to other games for a bit so that when I come back, thereā€™s tons to do, lol.

Iā€™m back after the past year of Classic and mostly have been running my druid and working on the Pathfinder stuff. Finished up the Legion parts and about halfway or so thru the BfA stuff and already almost level 57.

If you see a worgan druid wave/cheer/salute you, itā€™s probably me as Iā€™m always lazy about getting my toons reguilded after being gone awhile, lol.

But if you ever wanna run some slow dungeons, Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a dozen or so I wouldnā€™t mind hopping into if only to complete some questlines and such, :slight_smile:

Eyebeam aka Rattliff (feral druid), Jadepepper (spriest), Discodemon (Demonology? lock), Kilrose (? DK), Discodancyr (Arcane Mage), etc. etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome back Eyebeamā€¦nice to see you in the game.

I am with you finding it hard to like the expansion. My biggest problem is I have 2 others I group with regularly and the 3 of us just can not complete a Torghast as we are not the perfect set up and due to the way they scale stuff in this expansion just makes it not fun for us. All 3 of us are debating if we keep our account active due to this big issue for us and our enjoyment.

So I am not the only one. Have been considering a return to gw2. I am extremely disappointed after waiting for SL for so long.

@Eyebeam welcome back!

Hey, @Eyebeam! I havenā€™t been in a game with you for years. Good to see ya!

@Eyebeam Donā€™t be such a bum, you old dog. Join the in-game guild so we can drag you through some dungeons. Good to see you in the same virtual universe again.

1 Like

I sadly feel the same way and have cancelled my subscription that is up next month.

It really sucks as I was having so much fun with the prepatch. The week before SLā€™s launch I created a new toon for every class that I didnā€™t have leveled on both alliance and horde with every intention of leveling them all in Shadowlands.

I had planned on powering my human paladin through the end until I could take my alts through the leveling process how I liked. I think after a few days I finally tapped out at level 54 and have no desire to do more. And leveling is what I like the most about MMOā€™s. Iā€™ve never felt this with an expansion and canā€™t point directly to any one thing. I just know the fun for me is gone at least for now.