Suggestions for quality pc integrators?

I’m starting to feel like I’m living on borrowed time with my 7 year old system, so I’m eyeing a new one. I am not one for DYI. I did when I was young, but it’s not fun for me, so I prefer to throw money at someone else to do it.

My current system is a Falcon Northwest, and it is a thing of beauty, but a new one from them comes in at least $1000 more than comparable builds from elsewhere, which I can’t quite swallow.

Anyone have experiences, good or bad, with Digital Storm or Puget Systems? Or suggestions for other high quality integrators?

I’ve heard Origin is pretty overpriced, but their prices seem in line with these others to me.

NZXT now builds semi-custom systems and prices seem very reasonable.

CASE: NZXT H510 (White)
MSRP $79.99
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - ZOTAC Twin Fan
MSRP $499.99
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 8-Core 3.6 GHz
MSRP $369.99
CPU COOLING: NZXT Kraken M22
MSRP $69.99
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC
MSRP $179.99
RAM: Team T-FORCE Delta RGB 32GB 3000MHz
MSRP $149.99
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
$119.99
POWER: Seasonic Focus Plus 750W Gold
MSRP $109.99
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
MSRP $149.99
SERVICE: $99.00
BLD Assembly & Service Package Standard

• 2 years warranty on all parts & labor
  • Ships in 48 hours
  • Guaranteed Game performance
  • Professional Wire Management

Estimated shipping date 11/08/2019

$1,828.91

My Puget build is now 8 years old and still going. Never had a problem other than fan wearing out in video card which led to an upgrade.

I’ve maxed out upgrades and got what I wanted out of it but it was as pricey as anything else custom built at that time.

1 Like

I’m going to second the recommendation from Vanster. If you have the money to afford something like that build it will last you a good 5-10 years depending on how well you take care of it. Only thing I can think of that would be an issue with something like a prebuild rig would be hard drive space. Most premade setups will come with just a SSD in them so its worth considering if it has room for a HDD.

If you dont think you will ever use anything close to 500GB then you dont have to worry about it but it is something one should consider when buying a setup they plan to have for a long time.

What I’ve been pricing out is fairly similar to Vanster’s build:

An i9 w 16G, 2 500G SSDs & a hard drive, same video card, same wattage on the power supply, and a case that doesn’t include flashing lights & dancing girls.

I’m more concerned with the build quality, customer service, and warranty than getting lowest dollar. Some middle ground between price and the other factors is good.

Anyway, I’ll add NZXT to my list of sites to check out.

But I thought the whole point of it was the flashing lights and dancing girls?! Welp, money well wasted I guess> shrugs

Yeah, definitely dont go to and site that just looks sketchy. you can normally tell how decently things will be handled just by exploring around the website a little bit and seeing some of their other options and services.

I’m very happy with my customized MSI lappy from XOTIC PC. I would buy from them again.

I was going to recommend XOTIC PC too…I had a custom MSI laptop built from them a while back. And we just recently got a desktop from them for my son. I thought there Customer service was in the past and has been great. Price wise, they are a lot better than the big guys (Origin, Digital Storm). I always liked Digital Storm PC’s quality…they are just a bit pricy for what’s in it IMO. Origin is way overpriced.

1 Like