Starbase (Early Access)

Wondering if anyone is playing Starbase (on Steam), a Early Access “hybrid voxel/vertex-based space MMO with a fully destructible and infinitely expanding universe, with a focus on building and designing spaceships and stations, exploration, resource gathering, crafting, trading, and combat”.

I’ve been playing for 25 or so hours, and while it’s certainly Buggy at the moment This games seems like it has great potential.

Announcement Trailer:

Starter Guide:

STARBASE TUTORIAL - 1 HOUR 1 SHIP

Looks interesting, I’ll keep an eye on it.

It needs a LOT of work. And content wise it’s still pretty sparse, but the basics are neat, and the ship builder is very cool.

sounds interesting. I have followed it.

Been playing for a couple days now, and its fun. while yes, there are numerous bugs still happening, its still quite enoyable. you can play at a basic level, the real detailed stuff happens when you go start making your own ships. which I have not tackled yet. if you really want to make well crafted ships, the details can get really deep. it only takes a few mining trips before you can build enough credits for your first couple ship upgrades… unless you waist a lot of hours doing stupid stuff that extends your credit ramp-up. like I did. and #1 tip I can give people playing, is if things arnt doing what they are suppose to do, dont waist time trying to figure out what your doing wrong, and relog. cant count the times where a client and server disconect has had me scratching my head trying to figure out why I cant do something I did only a few min before, when the anwser was just relog. most times I tabed out to bug reports I didnt notice.

I’ve been playing around in the ship designer for a couple of days, There’s a lot of creative freedom bundled with frustration as you try to get things to function.