Star Trek: Picard

Was hoping to see a little Janeway when I saw the Borg cube, that finale was good for Voyager. Seven of Nine on the show has me really excited.

1 Like

That long haired Romulan with the sword is apparently a Romulan version of a samurai and “fiercely loyal to Picard”.

1 Like

I can’t wait it looks like its going to be awesome. Discovery too, it takes place 1000 years in the future. :slight_smile: Sorry added spoiler tag to this as some haven’t watched season 2 yet.

Whoa…cannot wait to see Picard in action again!

Discovery takes place roughly a decade before Captain Kirk leads the Enterprise’s five-year mission to explore strange new worlds. Do they jump ahead into the future in season 2? Wait, no, don’t tell me. I’m saving this for my week of vacation coming up later in August.

And is anyone interested in “The Lower Decks”? I think my favorite types of Trek episodes were always the “slice of life” ones where people are just going about their business on the station/ship, or they’re doing an upgrade or something. The human-centered stories which happen to take place in the Trek version of the future.

The fact that this series will be geared towards that, and it’s comedy, and it’s by the creator of RIck and Mortey? Yes please! He even said in the ComiCon panel that they’re not going out of their way to make fun of Trek tropes, or trying to make the show funny, but rather focus on characters who happen to be funny. I’m of course mot excited about Picard, but this looks fantastic too.

Never since Voyager went off the air did I think I’d ever be as happy as a Trekkie. All of this new content has just made me so happy ^.^

@GardenGirl can you remove the quote and re-add it? I added spoiler tags to it.

@Kelryth done

1 Like

Just watched the newly released trailer and really loved it. Sneaky way for CBS to offer subscriptions to their service.

1 Like

its on tv for us in canada

That’s nice. But my son and I do not watch TV. The last one we had was over 8 years ago and when it died we never replaced it. Have the cable bundle but neither one of us are interested in what passes for television today.

I grew up in the 50s and 60s where there were awesome television shows all the time, but over the years its become nothing but one big commercial after another interspersed with horribly inane tv shows. So we stream whatever shows we are interested in via the internet.

I do have a Netflix account and we do watch that sans commercial interruptions, but its not expensive and he likes it for some of the older shows that are in their catalogue.

Commercials is what the skip button is for.

I also have:
Netflix
Crunchyroll
Funimation
Disney+
Amazon Prime

I think that’s it
Our scifi channel tends to get stuff usually available on streaming like Picard and Discovery

Hell’s ya… I have had a DVR since my first TiVO in 1999.

my cable company uses a pvr as it decoder box. :slight_smile: