Speculation as to what kind of game Fallout 76 will be

Sounds kinda similar to Conan Exiles.

Recent reveals seems to put the game in a awkward place part way between a small squad based Fortnite PvE game with limited PvP and a less than full featured small group oriented survival game only somewhat similar to Conan Exiles, Ark, etc.

Single type official server instances only, the small group size, and several other as yet vaguely described features are leaning me toward hard passing on this one until they release private server capability and it’s on a significant sale.

https://nerdist.com/fallout-76-online-survival-rpg-bethesda-e3-2018-trailer/

It is online only. MMO looks like it has a lot of building/economy play and grouping helps. This has OTG written all over it. This might be the first game I play with OTG again for a while now. I hope we get a chapter going on it.

I went ahead a preordered it. I will give it a go with an open mind.

I had wished for a Co-Op in Fallout 4. It will be interesting to see what the team mechanics will be. One of the cards gave a boost to XP gain for all party members. I wish the party size could be greater than 4. I believe SWG was 8. It sounds like they have a number of people that worked on SWG on the team.

Ya, things may change in beta, we will see. I’m still not 100% sure how it is all going to work with the limits. It sounds like a mega server with instances for 24 people or so. I’m guessing people hang in a lobby and group up then join an instance together, or maybe guilds can have instances. There may be a lot of lobby time and management to go along with playing with who you want to. Time will tell. Seems like their engine just can’t handle too many people at once. But I still have high hopes for this game and it looks like a good one for OTG. Tons of people here play the Fallout games.

They have said that there is no lobby. The player will just spawn into the game. If they are not able to spawn there settlement, it will be packed in their inventory be placed somewhere else.

I think they will just fill instances as people log on unless you specify a logged on person you want to play with. I assume they won’t completely fill instances with random people in order to leave room for friends to join. I do not know if you can get the max population of just friends thought.

I do not know what guild support they will have. They have not mentioned it at all. ZeniMax and some of the people in Austin are familiar with online games so I would assume that they have thought about guilds.

I am hopeful.

I’m hopeful too. I just per-ordered it to get into the beta to see. I still don’t understand how this is going to work. It sounds like 1 server but an instance per 24-32 players or so. I don’t understand how they will support groups and guilds, or what will be same across instances. I’m totally confused how it will work. But we will see. I’m looking forward to grouping with some OTGers again on it.

Looking forward to this game. Have preordered it. I expect that several members of shadow group will be playing. Hope to see other otg players in game. Lots of fun.

Pre ordered as well. Looking forward to it.