Some advice please for returning newbie player

It’s been quite some time since I fired up FFX1V. Right now I am playing on a free account and have a lvl 20 archer. Because it’s been so long since I’ve played I have no idea what to do or where to go. Do I just go grind? craft? stick to main story? So much to do in this game I’m kinda lost at the moment. Can I join the guild as a free account player or do I have to sub for that? If someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated :smile: THANKS!!

@RonnieNuu may be a great person to answer that

:wave: Swig. Grinding is definitely not the way to go on your first character. If you stick with the main scenario quests and do your daily leveling dungeon, you can easily reach 70.

I’ll post all the free trial restrictions below, but one of those is you can NOT join any guild.

Once you reached level 10, you gained the ability to pick up other classes, simply talk with the appropriate trainer and equip their starter weapon and you are now that class. To switch back to archer, re-equip your bow.

If your main scenario level is at level 20 now you should also have access to a quest for your mount. Faster feet always helps, and when you get to level 30 you can do a quest to obtain battle abilities for your mount which will allow it to fight beside you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask, just post them here.

• Free Trial Players are not required to purchase licensed software to use the Free Trial.
  • One (1) Free Trial account may be registered using a Square Enix account so long as that Square Enix account has not been previously registered with any version of the game.
  • Free Trial Players cannot make in-game micro transactions during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players can create only eight (8) playable characters, restricted to one (1) playable character per world.
  • Free Trial account characters have their level capped at level thirty five (35).
  • Free Trial account characters can obtain only a capped amount of in game currency (GIL).
  • Free Trial Players cannot use the “shout”, “yell” or “tell” in-game chat options during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot access the in-game market board during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot trade items with other players during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot use the Mogletter service during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot hire a retainer character during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players can join a Linkshell if invited, but cannot create a new Linkshell during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot create or join a Free Company during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players can join a party if invited or by using the Duty Finder, but cannot assemble a party during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot login to the Lodestone and or any other game forum during the Free Trial.
  • Free Trial Players cannot progress past Floor 10 in the Deep Dungeon during the Free Trial.
1 Like

I know comm’s in game will be a problem as a trial player (say and party only). If you make it to the Mist housing district near Limsa Lominsa, the guild house is located in Ward 3, plot 15. A member there can get you in touch with an officer if you need some questions answered quickly. The discord channel is also an option. If you don’t see anyone in the channel, see above for how to get a hold of one of us. Hope you are enjoying the game.

The best chance to catch me personally is early evening EST. My in game character is Ariki Ko.