Small warning for 'Spur of the Moment' posters

If you’ve written something that you later consider to be too aggressive, too insulting, too whatever, make sure you delete your post and make a new one, if you want to.

All edits you make are actually stored and still visible, so if your edit was to avoid causing drama, realize it’s still visible with one mouse click.

Just a warning. Hehe. :smiley:

2 Likes

The visibility of edits on a topic has been changed to only be visible to moderators and admins. If you are still able to see the previous version of an edited post please let me know.

I am sure we could all have a long philosophical conversation about whether edits should be viewable by everyone or not. If it is believed that a post has been significantly altered in such a way to be misleading, the post can be flagged for review by the moderators who will have full access to it’s history.

2 Likes

Sounds good! It was just funny when I saw that in another thread.

This has been my practice since Facebook made edit history visible to anyone who can view the current post. Yesterday I attempted to delete a post, and it was not immediately deleted. It was replaced by the message “(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)”. I am not sure if that is visible to other users.

Good advice regardless of the site. Many social sites (message boards being but one kind) have been moving more and more to revision control when it comes to their content.

There’s an apt saying, “Nothing is ever deleted from the Internet.” Write/post as if that were true; even if you believe it not to be. :slight_smile:

1 Like