Saying for the Day. =)

‘Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.’ George Santayana. Take care.

1 Like

“Education costs money. But then so does ignorance.” Sir Claus Moser

1 Like

2 today. =)

“Not all those who wander are lost” J. R. R. Tolkien

“There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” Edith Wharton.

Take care.

2 Likes

“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.” - Alice Morse Earle

1 Like

“No good deed goes unpunished.” Clare Boothe Luce

1 Like

I have this quote on my monitor at work. I have been specialized, and I don’t like it. I am a bug… thing is I have done all but 4 of those tasks listed.

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

4 Likes

You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.– Zig Ziglar

I have known who Zig Ziglar is for over 20 years closing on 30. Look him up. You will understand. =)

2 Likes

I’m going to guess the 4 you haven’t done are design a building, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, and die gallantly. :laughing: J/K I’ve not done everything on that list either, in truth that last one is tough to brag about. :grinning:

“People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.”
-Ben Franklin

1 Like

Used to have this taped to my monitor at work, as a reminder that things could always be worse:

“Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.”

–Mark Twain

3 Likes

Actually, plan an invasion (unless of course computer games count), write a sonnet (but I have done poems and short stories), fight efficiently (because I am not sure I fight efficiently) and gallant in death (not saying I didn’t die, just that death is actually pretty terrifying).

1 Like

I feel sorry for people that don’t drink, because when they wake up in the morning, that is the best they are going to feel all day - Frank Sinatra

Two sides of the same coin, Moss? :smiley:

1 Like

With great power comes great responsibility Unknown but used in Spiderman. Thanks Stan Lee.

1 Like

Time Enough For Love… the story of Adorable Dora… :heart:
My copy is dog-eared and amber with age…

2 Likes

The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal

• Aristotle
1 Like

God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal.

I don’t know who coined that first, but equality is a principle, not a fact. I guess you can quote me on that. :slight_smile:

We’ve got them right where they want us.

James Kirk

2 Likes

If people believe you can get blood out of a Turnip, what do you get out of pinching pennies. =)

Some days you’re the dog…some days you’re the hydrant.

Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

David Mitchell, [Cloud Atlas]

2 Likes

From one of the many Quotes from the Myth Series by Robert Lynn Aspirin also creator of Thieves World.

If you cannot dazzle them with Brilliance Baffle them with BS. W. C. Fields. It may say in Myth series. “If you cannot dazzle them with Magic Baffle them with BS” P. T. Barnum. =) Take care all.

1 Like

2 Likes