RGB Activates When Playing

My PC has RGB, and I have it disabled through the associated software that controls it. However, every time that I play LOTRO the RGB activates. It’s incredibly annoying, and I can’t figure out a way to shut it off. I’ve updated my graphics card drivers for starters.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I have a Corsair RGB keyboard that I want all solid blue- here’s a screenshot of my configuration for standard LotRO. Note that I have several different configurations for LotRO and that this is my standard configuration but they are all basically the same. I don’t think this is a complete configuration, I think the memory keys, Windows lock key, keylock keys and multimedia keys are all separate configurations. Don’t hesitate to ask for further clarification.

I have the RGB on my monitor and PC turned off. It comes back on whenever I play LOTRO. I don’t know why the game enables it. It’s very strange.

There is a software association with that game that creates a rule. Somewhere in the corsair software is a profile overriding your other rules.

That must be what Zeetocht is dealing with, since he uses Corsair products. So strange though. I’m curious where the rules can be overwritten, or turned off?

The rule should be called the profile. Razer synapse does the same thing. You add the game or dont uncheck the game when it auto installs (the peripheral software) and the application takes over the rules youve established in your profile. I am assuming there is a section to add profiles. In synapse its a matter of just clicking on the alternate profile and deleting it then saving the update.