Real Life Crafting!

I’ve started doing ornaments, then realized at the rate I’m cranking them out I CAN do Halloween stuff!

1 Like

That is gorgeous

I do counted cross stitch. Here are a few that I have going right now.

1 Like

holy moly thats awesome. you making me want to get back into cross stitch!

tiiimes i need more tiiimes for all the things and stuff.

WOW!!! Those are stunning, and clearly alot of work! Nice job!

I did a lot of cross stitching when I was really sick for a year. I just love the slow going on it :slight_smile:

Wow, @Bayac, those are great!

I used to do it, but it’d take me like a year to finish something. It was my go-to for TV watching. You’re much more organized and tidy with yours than I ever was with mine, I confess.

I had to quit cross-stitch and crocheting when I got bad tendinitis in both arms, unfortunately. (Bad ergo at work. Be careful out there, kids.)

It is a lot of fun… I had put mine aside for a few years and then came across Heaven and Earth Designs and they are awesome! Check out www.heavenandearthdesigns.com. Michele the owner is a wonderful person and very supportive. I had never seen this much detail in a design until I found their site. Now I have a bunch more patterns. Going to start this xmas Thomas Kincade one here in a few weeks. I can’t wait! I know they will take me years, but I really enjoy doing them.

1 Like

I don’t think I have enough years left to live to start something that intricate, lol. It’s fantastic, though. And that site has amazing designs. It beats the heck out of being limited to whatever Michael’s carried, back in the day.

yea i used to buy all my stuff online. Michael’s has crap for cross stitch stock especially now :frowning:

Simple dragons :slight_smile: (Site is mostly in Dutch, though):
http://www.jessica-tromp.nl/stitching/x47%20cross%20stitch%20patterns%20designs%20stitching%20charts%20borduren%20borduurpatronen%20kruissteekpatronen.htm

ps. I actually use cross stitch patterns in a lot of games that use blocks… :stuck_out_tongue:

The whole list (might require google translate… lol)
http://www.jessica-tromp.nl/bordurenkruissteekpatroon.htm

So cute, @Splutty!

So, being we are an “older” crowd I am bettting everyone has other hobbies then playing video games. :slight_smile:

What are your hobbies? I am interested in seeing what people are like outside of the game world.

Mine is Torch Enameling and Glass Bead Making (sort of like Glass Blowing) I keep an Etsy shop stocked with my items for Jewelry makers to use my components in their designs. I have been beadmaking since 98 and enameling for about the last 4 years.

Nickaya

1 Like

My wife and I have a 100 gallon bow front reef aquarium and we also have a cat we (mostly my wife) takes to the cat shows around the TX/OK area. We just returned home from a show that was in Mesquite TX this weekend where our cat managed to get a best in show in one of the rings.

2 Likes

There’s a thread about crafts and hobbies kicking around already that you might enjoy. Well worth resurrecting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A few of mine all properly nerdy and maybe a bit , um, well, not very original for someone in an online gaming guild. :slight_smile:

RPGs - pen and paper style. Like traditional and old fashion D&D.

I like to keep up on computer tech and build my own systems about to start making a spot for VR and have some fun with that.

Reading - just started the Xanth novels again and have a few to pick up on my IPad… then all his other fantasy/Sci-fi books too.

1 Like

I like to build furniture, from scratch, in my workshop. I also enjoy lectures, especially lectures about philosophy and alchemy. The world truly is a fascinating place, in the game, and out of the game as well.

2 Likes

Omg… I didn’t even think to look at past postings. smacks forehead I will go look now. :slight_smile:

Hugs
Nic

I do woodworking of all types. Got a lathe that hope to use this year as soon as I get my shop set back up from moving.

I also enjoy painting miniatures like used for table tops like Warhammer and D&D.

2 Likes

I use to be a potter and had my own gallery where I showed my work. I also had other artists’ works hanging there which helped out with the mortgage a bit, and helped those artists beat the horrible gallery cuts from their profit for showing there. I only charged 15% fee per item which was better than the professional galleries who charged 45-50% fees.

Since retiring, I’ve not done much pottery work but hope to get back into it by the end of the year as hobby instead of a business. My avatar in Discord is one of my sculpture pieces. I do not have a web page setup any more but hope to use a free setup once I get active again to show my work.

Will have to research where to obtain page space for that, but if anyone has any info about it, I would really appreciate it. I can’t afford the price of some of the web page setups I’ve looked into…not on a fixed income.

Here are a couple of my pieces:

“Imergance” (wall hanging)
“Wall Installation” (tiles organized in a corner of a wall to depict an abstract painting)

6 Likes