Raise your hand if you play Horror Games

So one of my favorite gaming genres is horror games. Like Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Dead Island. I love anything with a zombies or just anything dark and spooky. Anyone else?

1 Like

I love the idea of horror games, but for some reason, I noticed I like them less and less as I get older. I have no idea why, tho!

2 Likes

I love evil within, dead space, resident evil etc. I just love horror and spooky in general.:ghost:

1 Like

I can’t take playing them myself anymore from my nerves but I enjoy watching others play them.

1 Like

I love me some horror gaming. Dead Space, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Dead Island, Dying Light, even older games like System Shock (which by the way got a really good remaster this year), Undying and others. An old horror game on the original Playstation that I remember really enjoying was Nightmare Creatures, I would love to see that one get the modern treatment.

1 Like

I just got the original Dead Island this week from Amazon

I haven’t played a horror game in a long time but I really liked Amnesia the Dark Descent.

2 Likes

The Amnesia game series is really good too. Another good game from the makers of the Amnesia games is SOMA, a more sci-fi horror game.

2 Likes

I’m not into other horror type games but love me some zombies. They’re like potato chips… you can’t kill just one! :wink:

Love Dead Island and the semi-sequel (Riptide). Haven’t played DI2. When it’s on sale cheap most likely. Dying Light and it’s sequel as well and finally played Last of Us (PC). Also play State of Decay 2 off and on.

Oh and looking forward to playing Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 someday! Whenever and whichever developer ends up releasing it. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Oh i never played that but i do remember seeing a demo on that.

Someday ™

This thread can’t go without a mention of Alien Isolation, that game will scare the f@ck outta you!

1 Like

oh mah lawd

The tension in that game not just because of the Alien but because it had a completely real time manual save system where you had to do a “tape backup” in game and it took time… during which the Alien could kill you and you would lose all progress since the last save! YIKES!

I remember playing and the Alien was getting closer and I hid in a crate. It came in the room looked around then left. Just as I sighed in relief it ripped open the box and killed me.

I quit the game and never played again lol

1 Like

Which?

The first one it was along time ago. Back when i owned my comic book shop and went to alot of cons.

1 Like

I think I enjoy some horror elements in my game, but find it all a bit too much of a “sensory beatdown” if consumed in large bunches. I like a game that can be very dark and scary, but doesn’t feel the need to be only that.

I feel like I am in an Abbot & Costello routine. The first which? Talking about a lot of games here lol

I’m guessing Vampire and not State of Decay. :smiley:

1 Like

Vampire the masquerade. Sorry

1 Like

No worries. I am old and easily confused. :smiley:

1 Like