Pull the trigger on these parts for a new build?

HI all!! I am building a new PC; Ive always been overly tentative about part buying, and rely on second, third and fourth opinions! This needs to be a budget PC, trying to keep it under $700; I dont play anything twict related anymore, so I’m more about stability, longevity, and upgradability on this. :slight_smile:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (14nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor
###### Price

$135.99 Buy
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

From parametric filter: Socket / CPU: AM4; Chipset: AMD B450; Memory Slots: 4 - 16 ###### Price

$72.99 Buy
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

From parametric filter: Speed: DDR4-2800, DDR4-2933, DDR4-3000, DDR4-3200; Form Factor: 288-pin DIMM; Modules: 2 x 8GB ###### Price

$47.99 Buy
Storage Team GX1 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

From parametric filter: Capacity: 480 GB - 15360 GB; Type: SSD ###### Price

$46.99 Buy
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 570 8 GB GT OC Video Card

From parametric filter: Chipset: Radeon RX 570 ###### Price

$134.99 Buy
Case Cougar MX330-G ATX Mid Tower Case ###### Price

$54.99 Buy
Power Supply Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

From parametric selection: Show ###### Price

$94.99 Buy
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ###### Price

$109.99 Buy

I dont know if you bought anything yet, but if you are set on the 1600 get the 12nm one here https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8HqBD3/amd-ryzen-5-1600-12nm-32-ghz-6-core-processor-yd1600bbafbox plus its a little cheaper

I think what hurts the most is the prices on power supplies wow. There are cheaper places to get a windows 10 key.

I am upgrading my pc but I am waiting til Sept/Oct to see what happens with everything ( I can only guess when the new ryzen cpus will come out). If you can use your computer now and it does everything, if it was me I would wait. Another thing I am sure about how well that gigabyte board will do honestly MSI was my go to for b450 boards series.

1 Like

Few years back I bought a OEM WIndows 7 key from Newegg. The disc in the paper envelope arrived and the windows key was … used. Newegg refused to refund me due to it being a key. I wasn’t being a dick but I simply posted my experience on the rate the product page. Within a day they, Newegg, investigated some of the OEM stock for similar Win 7 keys and found those also used. They were nice enough then to refund me.

This time, earlier in the year, I spent the 100 bucks for a Windows 10 Home key from Bestbuy. Was worth the errr not having a headache over it.

Is a 650W PSU enough for your future upgrades? I don’t know much about power consumption and all of that. I know a few years ago I used some kinda power consumption program. I went with a 750W for nothing else other than “I felt better about it”. lol OH, the 750W I did go with did have modular power cables and I really really like that feature.

The key issue I never had a problem with been using my same window 8 key I got a long time ago even after a new computer I built a while ago and swapping out my motherboard to a new one as well. I dont think you need a key right a way for the most part it restrict just cosmetic stuff mostly. At least if I remembered right not 100% sure though. It is something you can live with until you get a key later on.

The power supply that should be plenty the total should be maybe around 350ish watts for total system maybe that might be little higher or lower but not by much. I use a 600 gold on mine and pretty much the same system expect with a rx 580 can’t wait to upgrade it. I have everything overclocked runs fine no issues. Besides power supplies are stupid expensive right now not sure when they will come back down in price.