Project 1999: Green Server [Everquest]

It’s almost here! :+1:

Introducing Project 1999: Green , to be released on October 25, 2019 ( Early Afternoon Eastern Time )

Project 1999 Green is a new PVE server without any patches or expansions enabled upon release. Old-style mechanics and drops will be enabled, including legacy items such as Guise of the Deceiver and Manastone. The server will then progress through all patches on the same timeline as Everquest’s original launch, all the way up to the last patch in Velious.

read more here…

1 Like

Only this time WoW was the first to do it :slight_smile:

Funny to see this.

Everquest has had progression servers for a while.

Yes, but the difference with Project 1999 is its free, and only runs up through Velious expansion. At some point after Velious, the ‘green’ servers roll into their ‘blue’ or live server.
So no Plane of Knowledge, nor portal stones all over the world, just wizard stones and druid rings (and your paid taxi wiz/druid).
Actually going to give this a shot, see if its worthwhile while waiting on Pantheon :slight_smile:

Anybody still playing this? I999 was my first mmo experience and I still have terrible and fond memories of how difficult it was leveling my little hobbit (SO. MANY. WOLF. PELTS) and fishing all night just to make a buck to try and get a decent weapon and then being scared shitless of the damn goblin shaman and finally finding a party to fight our way past the bastards and…

Well, it was fun.

TEEM

1 Like

I feel your nostalgia. It was also my first mmo. I’ve tried to go back but it just never feels the same. Vanguard came close, but mainly because of guild static group I got to be part of.