Preview: The War Within

For folks who hate spiders, one alpha player pointed out: Speaking of spiders, WoW now has an arachnophobia filter. I’ve ranted before about how well-animated WoW’s eight-legged monsters are in comparison to some of the other enemies in the game; they’ve kept me up at night once or twice, I can confirm. Now, however, you can magically transform them into crabs by ticking a box in the accessibility menu. Goodbye Shadra, haunter of my dreams, hello Crab Rave crab – I finally got the last laugh.

1 Like

What version of the game will this expansion work with?

Do you get Dragonflight with The War Within?

World of Warcraft®: The War Within™

Includes the critically-acclaimed Dragonflight expansion. ¹Future expansions not included in WoW®: The War Within™ purchase. Requires World of Warcraft®, Internet connection, Battle.net® Account, and Battle.net® desktop app to play.

So, just the base game, not classic or wotlk. It’s confusing with all these different ones.

When you say classic and wotlk you are talking about the classic game. The current game which has an expansion coming up called The War Within is part of the retail game.

They do make it confusing.

1 Like

Ok, I got it now. Thanks. :grinning:

Just to be clear. Retail is the term used to describe the current WoW expansion, which currently is Dragonflight, and will be The War Within. Once you have purchased the expansion you have access to all previous expansions content. Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor, Legion, Battle of for Azeroth, & Shadowlands. Now when you hear the term “Classic” you are hearing about the standalone game client available to anyone with a WoW subscription. Currently Classic has Wrath Classic, Classic Hardcore, & Season of Discovery available to play. Wrath is transitioning to Cataclysm next month.

1 Like

Do tell…