6 Likes

7 Likes

Help! I’m Stuck

Sorry, Me Too!

3 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes
2 Likes

I had a chemistry set back in the 70’s, long before health and safety banned anything that resulted in people having ‘unauthorised fun.’ My parents soon learned that test-tubes full of sulphur and a heat source were not a good combination to present to a preteen boy…

3 Likes

heheh

We used to wrap a teaspoon or so in toilet paper, light the ends and shoot it with a rubber band slingshot-gun.

Sticks with a beautiful ruby red ooze…

2 Likes

I think most kids these days have absolutely no idea how to create exotic, or even radical play toys to use outside. I can remember a rotten mango being the best bomb/grenade ever. Notation: Always wear really old ratty clothes because you never know when you will unintentionally be on the receiving end of one of those…and they are really gooey and stains anything they come into contact with (I remember how my mom reacted :smirk:),

3 Likes

We used to fold as many of those little explosive caps that came on a paper roll as possible into a device made of a couple of bolts screwed into a nut then throw it hard at the ground. The aim was to make a bigger bang than anyone else.

Turned out that doing this inside an army base wasn’t the best idea :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

My father wasn’t very pleased when he had to come and collect me from the MP (military police) HQ in the base.

3 Likes
3 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes

11 Likes

Note: Since car seats were not a thing when my two were young, this is interesting information. However, now that my youngest is 52, don’t think that will work, so I’ll have to go with: let him drive! :rofl:

1 Like