Pic a Day

Even fast food disputes arise among our feathered friends.

A Townsend’s Warbler argues with a Chestnut-backed Chickadee over suet, while a Dark-eyed Junco departs

2 Likes

I had to stop putting suet out for the birds in my garden ,the small birds all love it , however the starlings soon find out and chase the tits all away and gorge on the suet. Then the magpies chase off the starlings from all the surrounding rooftops and trees and make the food source their own. Not sure if they eat it or just like fighting all the other birds off.

2 Likes

I had to completely refrain from anything in our backyard. We not only had a couple of raccoons fighting over it, but along came a possum to engage in territory warfare. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I finally had to have a trapper come in to see about relocating all of them since we decided to rehab our back deck and found out a possum family had been lodging beneath it. It was the best answer to our dilemma and infinitely more wholesome than baiting and destroying (I shudder whenever I think some folks do that).

1 Like

10 Likes

The only mammals we seem to get apart from the odd field mice who will feed on any seed or food on the ground, are an odd squirrel and a varying number of foxes every year.
The squirrels tend to outwit every human plan to restrict the intake of birdfeed apart from feeding them whole walnuts which they will pick first every time . I roll them down the path and they chase after them like a cat after a silver paper ball.

1 Like

Magpies are akin to the blue jay in my neck of the woods. Extremely aggressive meanies.

cat-hungry-cat.gif

1 Like

8 Likes

4 Likes

Check this out. This dog knows exactly why slides exist!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Its Hump Day. For your listening pleasure and to put a smile on your face…

3 Likes

Been a while, good one.

10 Likes

13 Likes

8 Likes

Puzzles_Cat_gif_total_destruction_attb_pinterest.gif

3 Likes