Pic a Day

The Fibonacci sequence.

We do not ‘create’ physics.

We discover it.

Rather, we slowly, like children, figure out and come to understand what is right in front of us.

3 Likes

Happy Friday everyone!!!

4 Likes

4 Likes

10 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

The first set of three are computer generated fractals.
The second set of three are examples of the Fibonacci sequence in nature.
I find it interesting that the artificial fractals are receiving twice as many likes as Fibonacci in nature.
It would seem artificial reality is winning but I still prefer the endless wonders of the natural world.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Actually, when I first looked at those initial three fractals, I remembered how I created some of my own abstract paintings when I was learning how to combine different painting techniques and paints types together. Its amazing how interesting it gets when you throw a water color slash over the top of an oil based spot of paint.

Then I started using acrylic in the mix and discovered, as long as the acrylic was still wet, the water color managed to blend a bit and create a new look. But I could create layers with metallic paints underneath either water color (the best option) or the acrylic (which was still a bit of a resistant medium). To add more random interest I used a hair dryer on full blast at an angle to create some movement which was totally unexpected. I never knew what I would get using that.

Of course anything swabbed over oil paint will seem to withdraw like the oil paint was toxic (which technically it is), but if there were cracks or small openings in the oil slash, the other paint would fill in a bit and it would stay and dry there.

Although the artificial fractals are lovely, they are too precise for my taste. I much prefer the randomness that we find in nature. But its hard to capture the nuances of nature’s random fractals with photography unless you have specific equipment. I did try a couple of times when I was in photography class, but I kept losing that image I was trying to capture and ended up with a lovely nature photo, missing that unique quality I saw with the naked eye.

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes

Those are really nice, and obviously today’s imaging equipment far surpasses my old manual Pentax camera from 1994.

1 Like

Here you go lynspottery a Korat

3 Likes

9 Likes

4 Likes