PC beta too unstable on my computer to play

Well it looks beautiful but and it is fine for speed and such at 1600 x 1200 on medium setting little lag etc but on this 2014 iMac 5K 4 GHz Intel Core i7 AMD Radeon R9 M 295X 4096 MB.
I cante even get out of the vault I expect the problem may be related to the fact that AMD and Apple have not updated the graphics bootcamp drivers for over a year… this system let me play Fallout 4 at 3200 x 1800 at ultra settings but unless they make changes I will not be able to play… I pass the recommended computer stats on the launcher at all green except graphics which as it is a (M) AMD R9 for mobil it gets the yellow dot…

so I either build a new PC or gat a console if I want to play this… I don’t like Console gaming very much but that new Red dead redemption 2 sure looks like fun and they have said they will never do a PC version so I guess that makes the most sense…

is there a feeling which console is better for Fallout 76 and Red Dead2?

After reading your comments here I did a quick search on the beta forum and … it looks like you are the only person who has even commented on Bootcamp use in the beta so far. That kind of surprises me, surely someone else has tried it, too.

My son is playing on Xbox One and it works great. I’m old school and not a fan of Apple gaming PCs but I’m sure there is info on the forum from other Apple users.

hagenaltec
Guild Member

November 2

My son is playing on Xbox One and it works great. I’m old school and not a fan of Apple gaming PCs but I’m sure there is info on the forum from other Apple users.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Daveon
10 Year Member

November 2

After reading your comments here I did a quick search on the beta forum and … it looks like you are the only person who has even commented on Bootcamp use in the beta so far. That kind of surprises me, surely someone else has tried it, too.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

thanks I will see if any patches up to the first of the year get past the bootcamp problems. of course apple and ATI might update the boot camp drivers for the M AMD R9 series graphics chipset but with a 4 year old mac I doubt that will happen… then we will see if any disposable retirement income is left after the holidays… if so an X Box X with Red Dead and Fallout 76 may be in the cards for me.

Just out of curiosity do you happen to have Freesync going? Due to the way the game is written it has to use Vsync (or else you end up with the speed hack buff if you turn Vsync off), and Vsync does not play well with Freesync or Gsync; basically they are fighting each other to try and do the same job. I had to turn off my Gsync before I could above 10FPS even on Low; after turning it off had steady 60FPS on Ultra.

I will take a look tomorrow but the ATI utility is some what limited in bootcamp if I make it in look for Windy99 in the social tab.