Palia - Guide to the guides

Everything you need in one place. Click Google Drive Link Below

Guide to all guides for Palia V1.2 - Google Drive

Basic New Player tips courtesy of bebeebap

If other people have other tips please feel free to share them.

Fishing

Stand somewhere you can just click and cast! Sometimes you’ll have to scooch as far forward as you can on terrain. It makes your casting much faster!

Fish near other people (most people know this, but maybe some don’t!) you get a buff that lets you hook fish quicker.

If you see ripples in the water, fish there! You get an HQ fish. This is the ONLY way to get HQ fish I know of.

Eat food for the buffs! It really does help if you’re planning a fishing session. =)

Getting “perfect” catches increases the amount of Fishing EXP you get.

You can refill your bar when fishing by not reeling and keeping the fish in bounds. (It refills while reeling, but if you’re struggling with health you should not reel while trying to refill.)

Cooking

Cook with other people, if you can! Everybody gets the food and you save resources.

If you ARE cooking with other people, try to have 2-3 prep stations, 2 stoves, and 2 mixing stations.

You can see what other players are preparing! It’s an easy way to not double up on ingredients.

Quality of crafted ingredients IS affected by how accurate you are doing the mini game.

Quality seems to be random, but more HQ ingredients gives you a higher chance of getting HQ. (Think of it like a stat roll and each HQ increases your modifier.)

If people do not have ingredient, you can place them on the stations by interacting. You can hit F to disengage and then start something else while somebody else works on the first thing you prepared!

Gardening

I got nothin in particular, maybe other people do. Tbh I hated gardening completely until I got the palium watering can. If I had better planned my layout (there are a lot out there if you care to find them) it may have been less annoying, though.

Use HQ crops to make HQ seeds, though.

And don’t ignore fertiliser. It’s incredibly helpful!

Mining

Copper ores drop silver.

Iron ores drop gold.

Everybody who participates in mining a node gets loot.

If multiple are mining together, it’s a good idea to let people with weaker pickaxes go first, so it’s more likely everybody gets a hit in.

Mining stone makes room for other things to spawn. If you’re hunting ores and doing loops, you should mine the stone.

If you’re trying to be a completionist you’re gonna wanna mine all the stone you see. Trust me.

Also clay for ceramic. Maybe not as much as stone, but definitely worth keeping some on hand.

Hunting

Everybody who participates in shooting a creature will get loot. You do NOT have to land your arrow to get loot. That means if 2 people are hunting a tier 1 sernuk, if the first one shoots wide and second shoots the deer, both will get loot.

Alternatively, you can use weaker arrows.

The best way to hunt magical creatures together is with, first, a dispel arrow. Second, use the in game clock! Once everybody is gathered, call out a time 4-5 seconds ahead, and once the clock turns to that time, everybody releases arrows. It’s amazing when you have enough people to kill the magical sernuk in one go.

To hunt magical chapaa, pop it’s ability then shoot any of the chapaa with a dispel arrow. All the fakes will poof and the real one will be stunned.

You can try to corner creatures so that they don’t have anywhere to run to make it easier to track them, as well.

Bug Catching

Once again, everybody who throws a bomb gets loot, but you do have to hit the bug (I believe.)

You can throw your bomb while bugs are getting away, but sometimes the bug becomes invisible if you do that. You can still see their animations though.

When the bug is stunned from being hit, you can throw your bomb to tag it, as well.

Foraging

Multiple people can collect from the same node, ofc.

Each gather attempt also creates a chance for a bug to spawn. If you’re hunting with friends for bugs that spawn from nodes, pick one at a time so you don’t end up having multiple bugs running around.

I tend to keep bombs out when I’m foraging, for the chance to catch the plant bugs.

If you’re chopping a magical tree with multiple people, when you arrive at the tree, hit it once and let it heal. That way, when everybody’s chopping, if you don’t get a hit in you still get loot.

If you want more magical trees to spawn, the best way to get that to happen is chop down trees; it is what it is. You have to clear nodes to get more things to spawn. A great way to do this is to get a few people and chop down ALL the trees in an area. It forces new trees to spawn and they will have a chance to be flow trees, like usual.

Furniture Making

I recommend working on one set of furniture at a time so you can quickly(ish) know where to scroll on the crafting list.

When you buy recipes from Tish, only buy ONE of each set. You can unlock the rest by crafting.

Focus can run out VERY quickly when making higher tier furniture, so keep an eye on it!

General Tips

Every time I go home, I top off the items I carry all the time: Bombs, arrows (iron and dispel,) bait (worms and glow,) and food.

I HIGHLY recommend the first 2 backpack upgrades you get asap.

If you want to give the NPCs gifts, try to gather them all at once and then make a loop around 8-9PMish? in game time. Most NPCs are gathered in town and it makes it pretty easy to hit everybody.

Crafters double as storage of sorts!! Idk, this may seem cheatery, but as a person who struggles with inventory management, this has been incredible for me. Items in your chest can be right clicked into the storage section of the appropriate crafter. If you fill these slots up, you can also store material in the slot at the top. For example, I have 300 heartwood planks and 100 heartwood logs in an advanced sawmill.

Increase the number of crafters you are allowed!

You should basically ALWAYS have everything crafting all the time (if you’re trying to be a completionist.)

Upgrade your storage capabilities ASAP if you like to hoard things!

Just pay the gold to repair your tools, tool kits aren’t really worth it, ultimately.

Make sure you use your renown! I put my focus to 400 and then raised my focus bonus to 75 before going back to adding focus.

You can set your housing plot to not allow people by hitting H and then the button at the top middle with the cog on it.

Autorun with /.

Drop your weapon or drop off walls with X.

There’s a sound that plays when you run out of focus. But maybe just glance at it every now and then, anyway. =)

Talk to Tau!!

Use the class specific items to find rare things! It’s very much worth it.

You REALLY are gonna need more stone. (You need 4,357 stone to make every piece of furniture!)