OTG's Plans For Supporting The Forthcoming Fresh Start Servers

I understand that we can roll a new Character on Fresh Start Server and KEEP our current character as well.
Can we confirm this please?! Thanks so much :heart_eyes:

Two different characters, and two different servers. They are not linked in any way, so yes, you can keep both characters. They just need different names.

1 Like

I will give it a go as well. I can’t guarantee longevity but happy to help with invites for the start if you need more.

I’ve been farting around on a new server and quite like the new starting experience…but I also enjoyed the original 1-60 experience…it was the rampant cheating and grind post-60 that irked me haha.

I’m also very disappointed that nobody has asked what faction we’ll be in fresh start…slackers.

We have in Discord Mr. “hand this off and run” @Cefwyn :slight_smile:

Think the consensus was Marauders (green).

1 Like

Some of us “real” Old Timers still prefer the forums.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m interested in the Fresh Start servers.
Now that they’ve released the times that the different servers will go online, have we focused on any particular one?

Ill def be joining up! Great they are doing this.

I scanned through the post below but didn’t see an answer. Have we selected our fresh start server yet? I also heard that you don’t choose a faction till lvl 17 but it was recommended to run all the initiation quests for each faction before you select one. Is any info ready to be announced?

Thx,
Hammer

We are most likely looking at the 3rd or 4th server on the US East list, so either 3 pm EST start of 4 pm EST start. @Adoman will update here with more.

2 Likes

Great! Thanks. Discord is my coms location - and appreciate the updates on our New World forum.

Also, thanks @Sonickat for the info on Names - commented above. Originally I was on a West Coast server when we had an official/un-official OTG group. Work relocated me to east coast and I’ve had my main character on the main OTG server. I was bummed my Wizewon name was already taken on the east coast! Thought it was a unique enough name spelling to avoid duplicates. I’ll delete my West coast for this new start OTG server to retreive my main game name. Sounds fun to run the gambit again.

My wife, Deria, and I will be joining the fresh start server we have been brushing up on things since the new content came out.

2 Likes

Green eh? Okay I’m in

A post was split to a new topic: Announcement

Rolled my new toon last night; couldn’t do a lot of playing due to huge wait to get in, but I’m in. Have not spent points yet as I am REALLY trying to “do it right” this time as opposed to just throwing stuff at the wall due to lack of understanding how attributes worked RE weapons, etc. Will still play my old toon; have tweaked it a bit. Still can’t decide between going very light armor DPS to play with the gauntlets/rapier OR getting tanky with it and doing blunderbuss and something else like greatsword. Decisions, decisions…

1 Like

Spend those points! You can respec at anytime.

1 Like

Is the quest to pick a faction part of the main story quest? I read it requires level 10 and I’m level 18 and still haven’t gotten the quest yet

Is there a charge to respec? I forget…

No, at least not at low levels. I just respecialized twice at no charge, and I was no more than level 15.

Thanks, will check out.