Orefena New World Chapter: Brimstone Sands Mega Giveaway

I had a lot of things I was looking forward to Greatsword, enjoying the new zone as I am very fond of Egyptian and Roman styles, but at this point I’m mainly looking for my hip issue to resolve finally so I can sit in my chair for more than twenty-five minutes! Sigh. :grinning:

I am enjoying the scenery. They did an amazing job on the area. I also enjoyed the main story quests. I am hoping to get to try out the expedition soon, but have been working to get my gear score a bit higher prior to running it.

What I enjoy most about Brimstone Expansion is the puzzle aspect of the region. I’m trying not to watch too many guides online and just let them come naturally. Still have several glyphs to find. I’m also hoping to soon start trying to perfect my Greatsword Tanking build. Almost have it maxed out and then will begin trying to rank the new Expansions with it. Lastly, I’ve recently decided to try and stop relying on others to build me things and rather work on my own professions. Great group we have here. Hope to continue to get more comfortable and build relationships

I am mostly looking forward to the new starting quest lines. I haven’t touched brimstone sands yet, but I believe that’s going to alter the way I look at New World!

I’ve enjoyed the new mechanics and designs, like opening a chest can summon a guardian mob to defeat before actual looting, the jumping puzzles etc. I’m also happy to see the weapon penalties by mob type go away. This opens the way up to not forcing artificial weapon combinations when pushing high level mutations to steer around a damage penalty. While you can still take advantage of the dmg bonus, you are more open to using the weapons you like versus working around the penalties.

I’ve been sick and away from the game the last week or so since the update and so I haven’t gotten to play as I’d hoped. I’m looking the most forward to figuring out how to improve my gear with the scarabs. Focused primarily on PVE it’s been really hard to build the right gearsets I need to tank the high level mutations the way it rotates from week to week. I’m also really enjoying the limited experience i’ve had so far with the great sword and the zone itself is visually stunning.

Friendly reminder - this giveaway ends tomorrow so please get your entrees in!

Definitely looking forward the new dungeon/mutation! Also the sword looks really cool, I will be trying it out soon!

I can’t say I was particularly excited about any part of burning sands to start. I did however think the addition of azoth gates interesting even though its an easter egg. Lol

#1 - Official Entrance to the contest
#2 - Greatsword has been something I’ve looked forward to so that there is a possibly viable alternate tanking build, at least in lower level mutators and open world.
#3 - I’ve really been enjoying several of the areas with named min-bosses out in open world. It’s nice to have such a large variety and it’s great to get people together and just do it.

-Dame Jennifer

I’ve been checking out the game on the fresh start server and enjoying the new player experience as compared to how it was before!

What I’ve been enjoying the most about this expansion is the renewed interest in the game bring old faces back. I’ve had the opportunity to run a few things and help some people. Also, the new expedition is quite fun.

Obligatory comment: @Dame_Jennifer is an amazing tank.

I was looking forward to the greatsword coming out with this patch, and I’ve really enjoyed leveling my greatsword mastery the last couple of levels using a greatsword/lifestaff build. It may take longer to kill things, but its a fun build to play around with.

The new content and greatsword were what I was waiting for. The expansion has been a blast…the exploring, mini-bosses, the new expedition, the Stargate-ish ring teleporters…even the dead-eye archers get a shout here…they can definitely pack an ass whoopin. I’m also glad that the area is not a complete cake walk to complete providing nice challenge to keep you on your toes and if you are not, you end up a corpse. It gets a 9/10 in my books.

Shout to @Dame_Jennifer , @manuelb , @Colarnin, @Mathias311 ← the best protectors from the Legless Ancients a healer can have! :+1:

1 Like

I am loving the new mobs and mechanics in Brimstone.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the look of Brimstone Sands. Stepping on the small scorpions and squashing them, the alignment of Brimstone Sands to other zones, the continuing effort to improve and expand the content. Many of the storylines are excellent and compelling to follow. I also am looking forward to exploring Brimstone Sands, as the dev team talked about having many secret locations and points of interest within the zone.

=== Cut Off For Entrée is Passed ===

Entrees

deejay413
Nehebkau
Carolinaed
DemonTheSpit
LotramN61
Warvar_Bloodrage
Bullvyyn
Kbella
MikeinVA
hharalson
jere65
teena318
matin
drpndahammer
tess_phyreforge
berean
zrod
Krydl
DemonaTheSpit
Blakesrealm
Azudhel
Disciple
Monkesterman
Azaghael
Sonickat
EliDoe
Lynsanity
Dame_Jennifer
Ixax
Mathias311
Colarnin
Talogarr
Starcrusher
Nodoz

Drawn Randomly using Raffle Generator - Random Winner Generator - Lucky Draw

Winners

Krydl
Disciple
Nodoz
Dame_Jennifer

Please see me or another officer in game to collect your prize!

1 Like

Congratulations Krydl, Disciple, Nodoz and Dame_Jennifer!

Sonic, is the spelling of that first winner correct?