Next Official Beta - Sept 9-12

Open Beta (9/9/2021-9/12/2021):

Dev team talked post release content and this flashed in the image stream. The datamined Void Gauntlet? We will see…

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgame/comments/pbiez8/open_beta_sept_9_12/

and the New Trailer

1 Like

From NewWorld.com News: Open Beta will begin on September 9 at 7:00AM PT (2:00PM UTC) and continue until September 12 at 11:59PM PT (6:59AM UTC). Interested players will be able to request access beginning on September 8 at 7:00AM PT (2:00PM UTC).

Note the September 8th date

2 Likes

Open Beta 09-12 Sep just announced:

Announcing the New World Open Beta

AUGUST 25, 2021

|

UPDATES

Greetings, Adventurers!

Before diving into the details and announcement, we’d like to extend another thank you to everyone who participated in our Closed Beta. We’re humbled by the wonderful response, and extremely thankful for all the ways players across the globe have helped us prepare for launch. We still have some work to do before releasing New World on September 28, and the Closed Beta has helped immeasurably by testing our servers, helping us find bugs, providing us with a ton of constructive feedback, and granting many more key learnings to help our team prepare and adjust.

During Closed Beta, we ran into both server issues and over-population resulting in queue times, preventing some players from being able to experience the danger and beauty found in Aeternum. To ensure that everyone has a chance to experience New World ahead of our September 28 launch, we’re excited to announce that we will be holding an Open Beta test. The Open Beta test will utilize Steam’s new Playtest feature, which allows all interested players in our supported regions to request access to the test, for free. Servers will be available in North America, Europe, Australia and South America.

Open Beta will begin on September 9 at 7:00AM PT (2:00PM UTC) and continue until September 12 at 11:59PM PT (6:59AM UTC). Interested players will be able to request access beginning on September 8 at 7:00AM PT (2:00PM UTC).

2 Likes

Sadly this new beta is all on days when I work. lol I guess I can try to play after work. I’m hoping I’m not scheduled for one of the later shifts and can get home to play at a decent time before I’m falling over asleep.

1 Like

will there be a player wipe before launch? If there is I’m not going to bother with the open beta.

1 Like

I woke up and read this, SO EXCITED!! I was really hoping they would have an open beta, will give me time to test some more things out. :smiley:

From the page Kraydl linked, I saw that toward the bottom of the FAQ it says there will be a wipe, and talks about needing to make a request for access through the Steam Playtest tool.

2 Likes

I’m assuming if we ordered from Amazon that they will be sending us a code for this upcoming open beta…? At least I hope so as they removed the previous betas from Steam.

I’m glad they are wiping after the open beta, every MMO with a focus on PvP should wipe before launch. Heck I think all MMO’s in general should do a wipe prior to official release.

3 Likes

I’m happy to have a wipe since I’ll likely make a ton of stupid mistakes and want to start over anyway. I also doubt I’ll get very far in this beta since I’ll be working most of the time during it.

1 Like
WILL I NEED TO DOWNLOAD A NEW VERSION OF NEW WORLD?

YES. You will need to request access to the Open Beta client through the Steam Playtest tool, on the

> New World Steam page <

The option will appear on Sep 8, 7am PT.

2 Likes

YES. Everyone starts fresh on the official release day (Sep 28).

2 Likes