New OTG Company

That’s correct, we had 120 people active in the last 20 days. But that could be consolidated down into 2 companies I think rather easily. It tappered off dramatically after that to 45-60 days super quick if I recall what we looked at.

I think a new company is a good idea. Thanks for bringing it up

Could we just take attendance at the events we are running and move those folks who attend in to one company?

It is all about meeting the needs of the members so……

The folks who run chest runs and expeditions need discord and company chat, get them in one so that need is met. These are the folks I feel like would benefit from being in the same 100 member company.

Keeping the active players needs met is the key to the New World Chapters success.

The folks who are OTG but lone wolf in play style can still have an OTG company but communication matters a bit less in the day to day gaming. There is no benefit to have them in a company where discord and chat is heavily used because they do not use it routinely.

Those folks who have taken a hiatus for 30 days without contact can come back when they want and get a re-invite when they can, it is the cost of inactivity pure and simple.

Just my thoughts and no matter what happens Kbella and I will make it work for us somehow.

Just make the company. Invite those who ask. Many of the ones who log in wont even know the difference. Guilds need some love sometime soon from AGS.

If the OTG tag is a specific issue ………

OTG Titanium Issue
X-OTG
OTGxtra
OTGish
MegaOTG
OTG Chest
WeROTG

My fav

Probably Breaking Wind

Over the weekend I was promoted to an officer for New World, I’ve never been an officer in OTG before so please be patient and allow me some time to get my feet under me. I’m focused on catching up on OTG’s policies and procedures and trying to really get an understanding and feel for the landscape. I know many of you have been asking for this to happen and I appreciate your support.

As you guys know I am fully aware of the pain points of the current company structure and how it is affecting our active players. I can’t promise any specific results on anything as I’m just one new member of a team but, I can assure you that the thoughts and feelings you’ve expressed in this thread will be represented and escalated with respect and urgency once I am able to do so in a way that will be productive.

I won’t go into any details at the moment but I can tell you that there is a discussion that is ongoing between staff that pertains to this topic. I hate to sound like AGS but I will report back on this as soon as I have more information for everyone.

I just wanted to make sure you guys knew that your voice isn’t going unheard.

3 Likes

Awesome news!
A great step in the right direction!
Thank you sooooo much for stepping up!

Excellent!

Great news for the New World OTG ers.

Bullvyyn

Thank you everyone for all your input in recent threads regarding consolidation of active members.

Your suggestions and requests have been taken into consideration and at this time we are not going to be opening another company in the New World chapter.

I am personally hopeful that at some point in the future as updates begin to reinforce the improvements that have been made with New World that there may come a time where adding another company becomes a necessity however, right now is not that time.

That said, we are going to make efforts to consolidate active players into Omega.

If you are a member in Omega, you don’t need to do anything except maybe log in to the game.

If you are a member of Gamma, we will be closing Gamma in the coming weeks and we are asking that active Gamma members please post in the invite channel so that you can be invited into Omega.

If you are a member of Zeta, you may stay in Zeta if you wish. We are going to have more people with 30 day activity than we can house in Omega, and we do not plan to remove anyone who has been active in the last 30 days. If you are interested in joining Omega, you are also welcome to post in the invite channel requesting an invite to Omega.

As members request invites, existing members in Omega with inactivity beyond 30 days will be removed from Omega. You may request a re invite into either company at anytime in the future when you return to the game.

If you have any questions please feel free to post them here or DM me.

1 Like

Excellent work by Sonickat. I’m hope you find life as an officer of OTG to be a light burden.

1 Like

This is a very good idea. Consolidate your active players and streamline the entire process for guild events etc. Sonickat is an excellent choice for leadership-involved and dedicated–and he will need that while herding grumpy old cats. For my part I am keeping an eye on the NW, I still believe it has great potential as the devs (hopefully) fix more than they break with each patch.

Nymari (in game name) here, currently in Zeta and I’m fine sticking it out here. Let me know if you need me to do anything with in this guild or want me to transfer further down the line.

Thanks’ for all you’ve done.
Nymrix

1 Like