Muspelheim Server

For some reason the server does not always restart after updates. I have had to manually start it several times. I was playing a few days and the server sent a broadcast saying it was going to reboot for an update. I watched the console for an hour and it never started up on it’s own. Once an hour had passed and I refreshed the page, the start button was available. Server started fine manually. shrug

server down again. so yes for some reason it does not appear to be coming back up after a restart.

I am having a lot of fun on your server.

Good deal. I have also been having a lot of fun with the game lately.

1 Like

Have You thought of adding some mods such as Emberlight, possibly Age of Calamitous and it’s SP/PVE Patch Mod, Building Mods such as the Glass Construction Kit? If you want a list of my Highly recommendable Mods I’ll send it. I was thinking of opening a server myself but would rather just join another if I could find what I wanted. I also might be willing to contribute to Server Charges, but not to get ahead of myself here-All depends on job status and other things. Just curious if you tried these Mods or thought of them yet though. I’ve put in about 400+ Hours Administratively Building and Planning lately. I’m currently looking at Rust but I prefer Conan Much more-And, I thought it’d be the opposite hah

I have been trying to keep the number of mods limited because load time got so bogged down in the past, though that seems to have improved more recently. I put Pippi, Glass and Northern Timber on recently and it seems to be doing well. I also wanted to keep it limited also because the more mods you have the more things that can break with each update.

I added Pippi so that I could create an economy of sorts. I have been building some merchants to buy some targeted finished goods to create a sink for the primary resources. You can currently convert your Pippi currency back into gold, silver and star metal. I am also going to make some key thralls available including a few of the purge thralls. I don’t have that part done yet. We have some of these merchants up north near Asgarth and on the other side of the oasis from the Mitra teacher. I am going to set some up near Seper as well. If you want a set at a place you build I can hook you up.

The guys from NoClue also set up some of the mini obelisks from Extended Cartographer in some great locations. Those are why I have building decay turned off right now.

I think Calamitous is a bit too much for my taste but Emberlight looks very interesting and I have seen a lot of people mention it. I am going to think about that one. Glass was a pretty big mod with a lot more than just the construction pieces so I was petty conflicted about going back to it but alas, there was a request for building with it so…

So jump in and give it a try. See what you think.

I tried to log in but it wouldn’t show up on the server list. I could agree with Calamitous not going. One I recommend is CharEditLite for Editing Thralls and Character quick Changes. It doesn’t effect Stats, only cosmetics. You can make all Thralls look like you or anything you choose, individually. I also like to use DyeMoreBetterer, hidden_hats (Very Small), Configurable Elevators (Best Mod imo and Small-Lets you Customize speeds of each individual elevator), Valhalla Stack and Crafty Counters. Some for Ya to look into/food for thought. Also helpful and small is custom map markers that shouldn’t be effected by updates. I’ll try to log in again here soon/find the server.

Well speak of the devil. Update today and it looks like the glass mod is broken. Might have just lost everything on those greater workstations including over 20k brimstone. Still working on it.

As for connecting. I never see Muspelheim on the list either. Sometimes it will show up but only rarely and it used to be there all the time so I think the list of servers has just gotten to big and not all of them display anymore. I always use the direct connect button.

Host: 107.173.81.38:42115
Pass: Ymir

I found this great tip recently:
Right click the game in your Steam Libray>click Properties>click Set Launch Options>
Then add: +connect 107.173.81.38:42115
and then start game you will connect directly.

Ballsacks. Well being a bigger mod it happens, but on the contrary, it’s fairly well kept up as many use it. Hope all’s not lost. I got called into work so lost my day off and didn’t get chance between the ol lady an time yet

Well… the Mods I listed should be fairly safe as with all their crazy updates I’ve not had one break on me yet. Glass is just one of those aesthetically pleasing RP Mods with a decent addition of other things. Oh… And TY for the tip!

An I’m on Lvling a toon up. My First Base should be somewhere in the Jungle. We’ll see how far along I get today. Lvl 20 at this moment. Just started. Like the x2. Hope to see more of us come along

I am working on a base around B8 I think it is (oasis just north of Sepamaru (sp?) where Conan is).

I was thinking about moving to the North. I need to catch up on all the quests and content they added.

I am finding so many of the empty old cave now have interesting bosses in them now.

How often do folks play on the server? I have been playing solo in single player and well, its getting lonely.

1 Like

There has been several of us on every evening for the last couple of weeks.

Absolutely come and join us. It has been a lot of fun lately.

1 Like

Its a great server. With working from home, my time is limited now and I am not on as much as I would like but the server rocks and one of the best I have played on.

Oh, you’re still up and running. Think it’s time to pop back in and see what I’ve been missing out on. See you soon, hopefully… :wink:

1 Like

Viking, have you considered using the Pythagoras mod? I was watching johnBane series and he loves to build. He uses this mod and it has some nice additions that we could use in our bases. I am currently working on a bridge go across a river and would like to use metal railings that Pythagoras mod adds. Just a request, love the server btw.

I have been avoiding mods that add actual building pieces as opposed to just placeables. We have tried a few in the past such as glass and norther timber but everytime there is an update, parts of constructions go missing and fall apart. I had big holes in the side of my tower after an update a while back. I think it is not so much an issue with solo games because the server and the client use the same mod directory but a hosted server is sometimes off a bit from the steam client getting updated. We also sometimes have problems with emberlight placeables disappearing for a day or so but since other items are not built on top of them it is less of an issue. workbenches with items in them will eventually show back up with everything they had stored in them so its frustrating but tends to not be damaging. just got to be sure you don’t place something in the empty spot.