Lucked Out Ya Weirdo's

I just googled “what are baseball leather seats in cars” and got a few threads, but this one seems to provide a better explanation for you:

You will notice they have a particular stitching which resembles the stitching baseballs.

WoW, my search results were WAY OFF BASE to what Google showed you (see what I did there with the cheesy pun?) Google probably decided to try and fool an Aussie schmuck who wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

If fact if it had shown me what it showed you, my curiosity would have been satisfied. Thanks for posting that, I can clearly see the difference between the styles. Definitely the stitching stands out.

Although when it was referenced in my book, my imagination took a different path and was thinking more the stitching on the ball rather than the glove, specifically the red and white colours. Which I thought would look rather awesome in an old classic restored Ford F250. So was disappointed about normal leather car seats that popped up in my search.

Then I thought wait a minute I know a place that has loads of Americans who might know better what differentiates these seats. OTG to the rescue. Thanks again Lyn they are actually quite pretty.

It could well have been just the algorithm used based upon your physical location in the world. Its more than likely assigning search results based upon regions, culture within those regions, etc. But that’s just a guess on my part since I am not familiar with how search programs are setup, etc. I even found this link (Umfassender Leitfaden zur Funktionsweise der Google Suche | Google Search Central  |  Dokumentation  |  Google for Developers)
that explains the basics on how Google searches are done.

:rofl: :joy: :laughing:

I’m not sure if I should tell you OZ’s I bought a fanny pack yesterday. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

LoL Talos you made me think of another Ass Backward thing you mentioned a while ago. The Black Widow Spider v’s The Redback Spider, it’s like the red splotch fell down when the spider went south while hanging upside down so the red dripped down and landed on her back from her belly.

Has anyone told you that you might be a good story teller? :grin:

1 Like

Hehehe… AHAHAHA… I know there’s a missing filter that most folks have between their mind and their mouth, or in the case of the forums, from my thoughts to my fingers.

So much cumulative knowledge mingling about in here that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts

No targeted ads

I like to think of it as OTGeegle

2 Likes

Okay that was brilliant, big high five on that term.

I saw Plinko referred to in the novel I’m reading so I looked it up thinking it was a board game. LoL it led me to this…

I thoroughly enjoyed the stylish fashion(for the era) of the audience and also the sense of humour of the host. They did have an Aussie version of this show, but I don’t think Plinko was ever a game during my personal viewing years.

My ratio of Lucked Out! to Lucked Out! is disproportionate. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

It has to do with the stitching, it’s called the baseball stitch we also used it in tent repair when i traveled with the circus.

Thanks @tomelectric ,

But you travelled with the circus oooooo please tell me more? That would have been the most awesome adventure.

Safari

Oh wow, which circus and when? My uncle was a Clown with the Ringling Bros circus for a while and played the bill with the flying Wallendas, among other performers over decades.

I worked for Circus Vargas about 30 some odd years ago. It sounds exciting but was mostly a lot of work for little pay and long hours, then pick it up and move to another town and start all over again. I only worked on the setup and teardown crew and safety crew/ seating people during the show.

I remember vaguely some of that type of activity during one of the summers my family visited my uncle and travelled around the country with his shows. I made a few friends with the crews because I was always interested in how and why things worked the way they did. Was amazing the efforts they put into the safety issues, but I don’t remember the details only bits and pieces.

I think it was during the 50s so I’m sure a lot changed since then too. I remember the Big Top in Honolulu being raised where the Ala Moana Shopping Center was eventually built. That was a very long time ago…probably longer than your experiences.

My uncle was a midget and he used to be able to clamber everywhere because of his small stature…and of course I had to follow him. I think I got him in trouble a few times because I was not supposed to be in some of those spaces. But the memories are with me to this day, albeit in snatches like black and white photos with some form of fog around them. If I could download those memories to a disc for viewing it would be wonderful.

1 Like