Looking for game suggestions

I just rejoined the guild a few days ago. I used to be very active in the guild for several years, and then took a break from gaming, with a couple of brief returns now and then.

I am looking for a new game to enjoy but there are so many out there now that it gets a bit confusing. The games that I loved the most were EQ2, EQ, Vanguard, WoW (before it got taken over by kids), and GW2. I know that OTG is still active in some of those, but now I have an iMac and I would have to repurchase any of those games again in order to play them. Itā€™s also been so long that I donā€™t know if I even know the passwords anymore, and my email has changed several times since I last played most of those.

So Iā€™m pretty much looking for something new, well, at least something other than games Iā€™ve already played.

Iā€™m not into PvP much at all. I enjoy crafting and exploring, and character creation. Iā€™ve always tended to be a bit of an altaholic.

Iā€™d love to hear some suggestions.

Get on Discord and talk to people, look and see which games are most active.

Just an FYIā€¦

WOW runs on both Macs and PCs. So you would not have to repurchase the game, barring expansions you may be missing (and thereā€™s the subscription). Sounds like you donā€™t miss it much but it might help sway your mind somewhat. There are basically 4 OTG chapters these days, Horde and Alliance in each of retail and Classic (which might be more of the experience you remember).

FFXIVā€¦ I played all those games and loved them, and I love FFXIV.

1 Like

Currently playing GW2, and imo it has some of the best exploring, crafting, and storyā€¦also has a lot of achievements you can do. The guild has quite a few members online at night and on the weekends.

You might also check out ESO, they have a ton of content, but the game just wasnā€™t for me, and a lot of people play and love it

I second Mae on the crafting, exploring, story part in FF14, which might be good for you!

I tried ESO and enjoyed it quite a bit. Crafting, stealing / fencing, the game is gorgeous, thereā€™s events pretty much every month, quest lines that I actually remember after completing compared to other MMOs. Once I got into the later levels though is when I got a taste of the toxic side of the PvE and battlegrounds PvP. My last night playing was just unwarranted harrassment. If you got some friends you can form a 4 person group team Iā€™d say take a look at ESO.

Iā€™ve reinstalled ā€œNo manā€™s skyā€. Havenā€™t played since/when the ā€œBeyoundā€ update arrived. Also been replaying, never finished, ā€œWasteland 2 directors cutā€, and terraria(sp) is comming out with some kinda ā€˜Journeys Endā€™ big patch in May next month.

HAHA if you wanna hard time try playing Ark Survivial. OMG I hate the dark, the pirahnas, the rain while itā€™s dark, those school bus length alligators. hahaha. jeez I had such a hard break in learning, what little, I know of that game. Also, itā€™s really beautiful.

Thereā€™s a bit map side scroller Iā€™m thinking of trying/getting ā€œDoor Kickersā€. Automatic weapons, flash bangs, Swat vs. Bad guys, pixelated blood baths. haha

If your looking for a MMO. Iā€™ll see you when ā€œPantheon : Rise of the Fallenā€ arrives ā€¦ some day.

1 Like

Thanks, Tpsabre!

Iā€™ve been checking up on Pantheon every now and then for several years now. That looks really good. I hope it actually makes it to release at some point (soon!).

1 Like

Play Guild wars 2 Its a fun game.

1 Like

lol yeah you, me, and everyone else. (about pantheon releasing)

Oh, if your a "Mech , FASA , Battle Tech fan and you donā€™t know of Harebrained Schemes, who partnered/or was it bought by Paradox (publisher), they resurected both FASA Battle Tech (ā€œBATTLETECHā€ and ā€œShadow Runā€). Thereā€™s mod out there, donā€™t know first hand, that add alot to the vanillia game ie: engines, parts, weapon systems. I play the vanillia and just love it. Mechs vs Mechs ā€¦ blowing through armour, ammo bin explosions, mech arms and legs getting blown off.

So add BATTLETECH by HBS published by Paradox to that list of yours.

1 Like

Thanks!

That does sound good! When I was in the Army, about 30 years ago, I was part of a group that played a lot of table-top games: D&D, ICE, BATTLETECH, Shadowrun a couple of times, and some others. I think BATTLETECH was always my favorite.

lol ā€¦ 30 years ago I was departing from the Air Force. 87-91. use to AD&D, robotech, shadow run with a big group of Navy, Air Force, and I think one fellow was Army stationed at Naval Field Moffett Field. At times we had 1 DM + 2 assistants and like a dozen players. Far side of Moffett Field had these 2 big hangers ā€¦ heard the US Army was out that way.

I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC from '86-'90. I literally got out three days before Stop-Loss (?) started. I think thatā€™s what they called it, when they basically said anyone going anywhere, for any reason, was no longer going.