Legends of Aria

Anyone tracking this. Appears to be going live for early access ( for founders) 27 Nov. Steam early access 4 Dec. Also appears to be a direct decendent of Ultima On line. I have checked their site, and I admit to some interest as it is a sandbox world etc.

Open world PvP would make it an unpopular game around here. They have a karma system, but it may still turn into a gank-box. If someone opens a PvE server it might be interesting, but then you are at the mercy of the server admins.

Actually (after further research and study) the game is a virtual clone of UO circa 97-2000–with a couple of exceptions. The admin / organization server ( and the game allows mods and player run servers) map shows large portions of “safe” zones, so open world pvp is not universal. Further , the price of the initial game is all they are asking for now, so no sub, just pay and play. Given the serious lack of any new MMO challenges in the immediate future, that may be reasonable --but to each his own.

1 Like

I got the Lord Package…lol

Kieli and I maybe a few others on the Verdant server in a guild called MIM, OTG screwed up not getting into this one early and in strength. Enjoy the game

I’m on azure sky :frowning:

So no real OTG presence? I am looking at buying this on Steam release.

Correct. We’re having a difficult time making Albion Online work which is in the same category as this game IMHO.

It was popular with some folks for about a week or two, then it died off quickly, so it never really grew into needing any support.

I got bored with it in less then a week. I wish I didn’t get the expensive package…lol

Still no?

Which server are you on?

I don’t play. I got bored with it. I’ll check it out again when early access is over.

Thanks. Was it the grind, or lack of things to do, or…?

Are you still active there @Fin?

If memory serves there was a significant OTG presence and energy in Darkfall, which was open world PVP full loot etc. etc. How is that “not popular” around here? Did all those folks leave?

TEEM

Darkfall was very popular in the beginning, especially since it didn’t have much MMO competition in 2009. It was difficult for the guild to compete with the no-lifers and game mechanic exploiters in the long term. Guilds would lose cities/towns at odd hours. I believe a small group of guildies are still playing.

Well the chapter is still there:

https://forums.oldtimersguild.com/c/darkfall

I logged in and started on the server mentioned at the start of this thread, haven’t rushed back to it just yet.

Yeah, it seems to be a shadow of the game they pitched at the kickstarter, and none too exciting. I had hopes it’d be better…

TEEM