Last Epoch

Hi all, me again.

I’ve been keeping an eye on Last Epoch. It looks like a cool ARPG. I actually bought it from Steam and although I really liked the concept I had a really hard time with the fact that I could not assign a skill to the LMB. I mean, you can, after a bit of convoluted machinations, but then you can’t use it to move. This irked the heck out of me. I got on Discord with the Devs but they were adamant that they wanted a max of 5 skills, not six. I asked Steam for a refund and got it.

I really want to support this game. It has a lot of potential - more so than Wolcen (not in the Graphics department, I mean Wolcen is gorgeous - so is the combat, when skills don’t get stuck in the “on” position).

Just curious if anyone has tried it and what they think of it. Its still in the back of mind and a few times I’ve been tempted to re-purchase it but that LMB - UGH!

Its been on my wish list for sometime but not anymore. I cannot even imagine the control scheme like that.

Thanks for the info!

I have. And like it. It’s a cross between D3 and POE, more like D3. It is still in early access but plays pretty complete including end game. Only thing missing right now is multiplayer, which should be coming out in the next few months. Good combat, good skill development and complexity (but not to the level of PoE), and deterministic crafting (an improvement over POE IMHO).

yeah … 8 months later … but I picked it up last night. Took a few minutes to adjust to the “one in all” move+attack using my mouse.

With the LMB you can choose 1 of 3 move/move attack defining which attack skill ie: “Multishot” is used when the mouse is over an enemy. Didn’t have to use Shift or Control to “stand still” while attacking with my bow. After a little bit with this new control scheme grew on me.

Heyo. Just preordered this. Is OTG gonna be doing anything with this game?

And yeah, sorry to necro the thread but people are calling this the “Diablo Killer.”

I play D4 daily … played PoE for over 800 almost 900 hours. I like PoE more but don’t have enough time to learn and comprehend the skill web. Never could develope a character who could kill those higher storyline bosses.

I’ve played Last Epoch into the teens three or four times over the past couple years. ie: I made it to chosing my master class once. Like Grim Dawn … early on playing L.E. it was a great middle ground between the two. Not super complicated but developed skill systems, crafting depth, the chatacter stats detail is awesome. Like how Grim Dawn’s character statistics was an evolution of Titan Quest. None of this filler statistics of Diablo 4 … “If it’s Tuesday before 12 noon and your using a ranged item …XXX and if it’s after 12 noon then apply YYY.”

I’ve been waiting to experience L.E. 1.0 all this time. Kept informed and dropped in … see the new chapter 0 character tutorial … then the graphical updates … the new chapter 0 character tutorial … multiplayer and all the improvements these past couple years.

I’m looking forward to the 21st.

I’ll still be playing and pay $10 bucks for the D4 seasons … I like the cosmetics and enjoyed the vampire powers and the current pet rune mechanics. Last Epoch though seems to share alot of ARPG elements of PoE. ie: in PoE you collect everything as it serves a purpose. End game, when I last played, you had maps. With L.E. you will use gold to buy shattering stones, you could gamble ie: diablo 2 style, you brake down items for components (you can say) and collect components during dungeon runs for the crafting system. I’ll be SSF but what I understand is you’ll spend gold to sell/buy items via the merchants faction. In D4 there’s really not a use for gold. During the last two seasons I end up with millions of gold.

There’s Darth micro transactions and RAXX (something) who were/are D4 youtubers… they have a couple videos comparing L.E. and D4.

I play Last Epoch. I’ll be playing at launch on the 21st. If anyone wants to group with me add me to your friends list. I’m Panjius in game

1 Like

I’ve been playing since close beta. The game has come a long way. They have focused their energies into the graphics/design, and it shows. Its lovely. The combat is also pretty awesome once you get used to the function of the LMB. When it first came out it was only used to move, which made it different than all the other rpg-type games out there. People complaint and they implemented a fix. Unfortunately we loose a skill slot on the bar as the skill we use on the LMB HAS to be in the bar. And this is my ONLY negative. Its a great game.

I’ll be playing this one as well. Anyone can friend me on Steam and hit me up for some co-op action come launch time!

As fyi, I think there is a fairly active channel on Discord for members.