Introducing: User Experience

Greetings OTG Community!

We are proud to announce our newest chapter: :tada: User Experience. :tada:

The User Experience team will be providing a few services:

1. Support. Need help with Discord? Forums? Looking for information and can’t find it? We can help. Post your issues in the Help Center (https://forums.oldtimersguild.com/c/help). Suggested tags*: help, request, discord, discourse

2. Feedback & Suggestions. We are always looking to improve and we want to hear your ideas! Post in the Feedback and Suggestions forum (https://forums.oldtimersguild.com/c/feedback-suggestions). Please note: We all have different ideas of what does and doesn’t work, what looks the “best”, or how things should be. For every idea, someone else has the total opposite. ALL productive comments will be reviewed and considered. Things also take time. However, not all can or will be implemented. Your voice is important regardless, and we appreciate your understanding. If your comment is chapter-specific only, we will pass it on to chapter leadership. Suggested tags*: suggestion, feedback, discord, discourse

3. How-to guides and other documentation. Having trouble finding a policy, or just don’t understand how to do something? Perhaps we need more than just to answer your question. Perhaps we need a how-to guide written, a wiki, or other formal documentation. Please use the Feedback and Suggestions forum for these requests as well.

4. Other: We are also working towards more consistent organization, such as forum tagging. There is a lot of information around OTG, and we all need to be able to find it. The search function here on Discourse is awesome. We’re going to try to make it easier. Think we need a tag added? Let us know.

• Suggested tags: These are just to help bring the proper attention to your posts, and helps everyone use the search function better. Suggested tags are common tags that would be useful in that area. Choose whichever apply to your needs. Don’t know how to use tags? We might need a doc for that! :writing_hand:

TLDR: We are here to help YOU. Tell us how.

7 Likes

Sounds legit! Thanks for being there for the guild!

Where in the hell has Rammer6 been?
Sad story; major computer problems! First the vid card died. Got a new one and then the power supply got a short somehow. Vid card died just past the very limited warranty. Got another vid card. Got another power supply. Keep in mind I am a techno idiot. So I should be back pretty soon.

Hashberry what does TLDR mean?

Safari :stuck_out_tongue:

TLDR = Too Long; Didn’t Read

:wink:

Thank you for answering Magistos

TLDR = Too Long Didn’t Read

Well I HATE IT. I hope I never ever see those letters ever again :cry:

Who would make up such an awful acronym like that Magistos?

We may as well learn how to talk emoji and banish languages altogether. Emoticons came before emoji and is a better word, but probably too hard to spell for this latest generation of kids that get to grow up with spell check software. I had this thing called a dictionary and get this. It was made of real paper :grin:

tl;dr is often used to indicate that there is a summary of the “wall of text” just in case you want to skip to the end… kind of like “Cliff Notes”. Language changes constantly, so I like to adapt along with it. Some of my favorite words are the new acronym ones, like LOL and LMFAO… I use them all the time!

I understand how you feel though… in the last 20 years, language has been a runaway train of change!

TLDR often shows up when people don’t use paragraphs. When all you see is a big box of text, people might say that. It is also an indication that people felt too many words were used to convey the point, or the actual point was never reached.

Indeed. Executive Summary doesn’t work because often time it was too meandering to summarize. :slight_smile:
Or it can be a way to say “Cut to the chase” if the post was made by a bloviating citizen with a tendency to use ten words where two will do. :wink:
Or, like Hash said, a point may have never been reached. (I’ve literally seen someone rip a post - elsewhere- with a TLDR of a previous post of “Lots of words, no point.”)

1 Like

Often when reading a gaming forum where a ton of people (hundreds and hundreds) all hate everything the game does or has ever done no matter what?

Aye!

Makes me wonder why they don’t find a new outlet for their entertainment needs.

scratches head

Oh wait… :bulb: maybe the ranting was the outlet they needed to get back to playing the game they despise.

Always wonder that myself.

A post was split to a new topic: Name Change Daldina to Sweetgywnn