Inspiring Speeches

The Wisdom of a Third Grade Dropout

Dr. Rick Rigsby

1 Like

Final Speech from The Great Dictator

Charlie Chaplin

V for Vendetta: The Revolutionary Speech

1 Like

Why America isn’t the greatest country in the world anymore.

The Newsroom

1 Like

The speech below is from Shakespeare’s Henry V. The speech is amazing and I was ready to go fight for England and die if needed after hearing it. Branagh does an amazing job here. In the battle the English were facing overwhelming odds.

The Tyranny of Authority

Michael Chaplin

Song built from a commencement speech. Long time favorite.

Patch Adams Speech

We Shall Fight on the Beaches

Winston S Churchill

1 Like

I Have A Dream

Martin Luther King, Jr

2 Likes

The Line Must Be Drawn Here

Star Trek: First Contact

Day of Infamy

Franklin D Roosevelt

Dec. 8, 1941

1 Like

I Have Been to the Mountaintop

Martin Luther King, Jr.

April 3, 1968

The Death Of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Robert F Kennedy

April 4th, 1968

2 Likes

This is a great speech, I have watched this a several times and enjoy it. Its also not accurate, because America is still the greatest. Through his speech he talks about other countries that have freedoms, non have as many nor are they as broadly guaranteed in their countries laws as America’s. He talks about how great America used to be, and I agree, America used to be better than it is today. But when I ask what county I would want to live in today to enjoy the kind of freedom and independence that my parents and grandparents enjoyed, I can’t think of any.

1 Like

Having served in the military and been on every continent except Antarctica (which I did volunteer for a post there but was denied), yeah there isn’t anywhere I would rather be than the USA and I have been to a lot of countries. I personally do not like the direction of our government in regards to freedoms, and I don’t accept that safer is better than freedom argument at all. You are never safe, that is just something you have to accept, no matter how much they say they can protect you, they won’t, and don’t.
I also think that America is looked at as a war mongering country, but not by its citizens. We are, just look at history. There is only one president that didn’t have a war during his term. Do you know who that is? I think that is the main reason we are hated, and honestly I can’t disagree when I look at it from a foreigners perspective. Blood for money is our main stock and trade, and we as citizens need to stop it, but there will be a cost in our standard of living. Of course technology might totally upset us in the next 5 to 10 years anyway, which is why they are talking about basic universal income. That is a bad idea because while it sounds nice, the result is going to be more social issues as “idle hands are the devils workshop” and there will be a lot lot more of those if they totally automate everyone’s job away and put us all on welfare (BUI).

President Whitmore’s Speech

ID4 - Independence Day

University of Texas at Austin 2014 Commencement Address

Naval Adm. William H. McRaven, BJ '77, Ninth commander of U.S. Special Operations Command, Texas Exes Life Member, and Distinguished Alumnus

Yes We Can

44th President of the United States of America

Barack Obama

1 Like

Freedom

William Wallace

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Stay Hungry

English starts at 02:47