Ingame Company Name Discussion July 2022

I participated in the Sunday afternoon romp yesterday for the first time since returning to the game. I think the new crest was a a success given the desire to be able to differentiate us from ‘them’. It is also noteworthy that the overhead crest isn’t as flexible as the crest options make it appear to be. That’s too bad. In any event, I think it’s a fine crest. For what it’s worth, I think of the swirly crest as a hook. (We always have a place to hang our hats now.)

I appreciate the time that was taken to permit input and feedback.

1 Like

I just noticed the new crest. IMO: I love it. I like how the red stick outs and signifies aggression or strength. I like the graphic used because I see a stylize O that signifies “Omega.” My only critique is I wish there was more white space (Or orange space.) around the graphic and edge of the crest when displayed over players. I like the spacing on our company page. But we cannot control that and I imagine AGS balance its size with it being readable in such a confide space.

1 Like

Ixax hit the nail on the head with the ingame crest. It isn’t as flexible as it should be in terms of how it is displayed.

• The emblem background is the same shape for everyone in the game regardless of what you pick in the company tab.
  • The background color ingame is the same for everyone in the faction.
  • Really all you control is the emblem that is displayed and what color that emblem ends up being.

Unfortunatley most of the colors clash very badly with the yellow they use for covenant. Many of the logos also end up being to over baring in the crest space in game. Fine details are lost like to orobor logo which i prefer actually you cant even tell what it is. Just a big blobular circle ingame. I’m hoping they introduce some new emblems but doubt they will.

The O to me I’m actually able to make out an O a T and a G if i look hard enough in the company panel but in game it’s meh. It’s noticable lol.

I thought the new crest looked good and was easy to see the other day on a chest run

1 Like

Is it embarrassing? No.

Is it fugly? I’ve seen worse, and Sonikat laid out some of the design reasons why we’re hosed as Covenant in terms of color.

Is it beautiful? No, it’s not beautiful for sure. But that’s not what we need it for.

Can I immediately spot our company in a crowd? Yes, in a heartbeat.

Love it!