Howdy!

It’s been several years (around 4) since I “played” EVE, but am looking to try and get into it again. I’m still very much a tyro. In fact, I know less now than I did 4 years ago. I’ve purchased three months and intend to putter around and see if I can smile, laugh, rage and cry enough in healthy proportions to continue to be the relatively stable and happy person that I am. I will probably mine a little, and do some explorations/scanning if I can remember how and then branch out or not from there.

I’ve logged on to find myself in a Skiff in the Gulfonodi System in the Fittakan Constellation of the Molden Heath. It’s a .5 system with 2 adjacent .6 systems. I’ve yet to undock. While I do love pvp, I’ve never actively chosen to engage in it while playing EVE because I just knew so little about the game and I prefer to learn everything else before I pvp.

First problem: There seems to be in an inordinate amount of WANTED folks in local chat, with the rest being at or below 5.0 security rating. Am I in some kind of pvp kill zone? I’m pretty sure it wasn’t this way when I logged off 4 years ago…I’m not one to court danger when I’m so ignorant…and in a Skiff.

Any help or guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. I’ve only seen two folks docked at the same station that I am docked. Both were wanted and one has a 277 million bounty. The one with the bounty has been docked every time I log in.

2 Likes

Watching SeamusDonohueEVE series:

And Event Horizon’s series:

And Event Horizon’s additional series:

Please add any others y’all think would be beneficial.

Thanks!

That is one hot system these days…

Not looking to gank, but should be aware of what kind of situations or mistakes they look for:

https://wiki.bravecollective.com/public/dojo/wiki/exploration-guide#when_where_to_explore

https://tripwire.torpedodelivery.com/wiki/whvisual/

Just looked through your posts, but haven’t had time to look at the vids you posted. I just got back on the forums here a bit ago after a vacation of a year+. Time flies and my memory fades fast! It’s shocking how much I don’t remember - welcome to the joys of an aging brain. I’ve had an EvE account forever but haven’t played that much. Last time I was on I was exploring low/null sec, but just learning the ropes then. Spent my last couple of outings in the past few days just learning to fly again. Took a pass through Goonswarm space a couple of times in last few days and lost cheap ships but somehow didn’t get podded. LOL. Thought I would come back, get back up to speed on exploring in null, and maybe try to get up to speed at pve and pvp combat, something I didn’t do much before. Does OTG have an organized presence, corp or otherwise?

I think there are a few OTG folks who play together. I’m not sure how much of a presence they have. I lost interest after realizing how much time it would take to generate the amount of isk I wanted to earn weekly via exploring - and combined with the slow training times. On a whim I booted up Elite Dangerous and am loving it. I have a HOTAS and 55" screen to play it on. Traded my way up to the Alliance sphere of influence, upgrading my sidewinder as I went and am about to begin taking combat missions. Much more immersive with the HOTAS vs mouse and keyboard - I just need a cockpit!