GW2 Log-in Issues, Nov 9 &10, 2021

If folks are having a hard time getting logged in, with the game locking up your computer and then not loading the video although you can hear the music, it’s not just you.

Anet is working on a fix, but the work around that appears to work most consistently is to start the game in windowed mode (chances are you were playing fullscreen before).

If anyone needs to know how to do that:

1. Right click on the shortcut you use to launch the game.

2. Select “Properties” from the list

3. Make sure you are on the “Shortcut” tab at the top.

4. In the “target” field, add a command -windowed at the end of the target. It would look like
    …\GuildWars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -windowed

5. Click “apply” and then “ok” and close the window and then launch the game.

Once you are in game, you can change back to fullscreen. The Anet Dev posts indicate that they think they have a fix, and are hoping to get it proofed and update the game soon.

2 Likes

I always play in Windowed Mode, which is probably why I didn’t notice this. Thanks for posting Lupini.

1 Like

Today’s update (11/12/2022) states “Fixed a client crash” It’s not clear if that is related to the launch/log-in issue, or not. So, folks may still want to play windowed or full-screen windowed for now.

The download today is large. I’m guessing from all the files it is downloading, it’s actually running a “repair” in addition to an update.