Got Away From It All....Then Came Back

Okay, so…I played FFXIV for a while many, many years ago. Actually, I played FFXIV in beta, then in 1.0, then in ARR & HW…I played FFXIV as part of OTG, and loved every minute of it. Then real life threw me a curve ball…

Actually, real life offered me a hanging curve ball that just hung out there, over the plate and begging to be hit. I hit it, and spent the next five years living & working inside Yellowstone National Park. Now, I don’t care what you do for a living, it takes an awful lot to do better than that! Of course, I have followed that up by leaving the Park and opening my own brewery, so one could argue I am not moving down in my job choices…

Ahem.

I still missed FFXIV. It was easy enough to start up my old account (on my Mac, of course, since my previous PSN account is long since lost and dead), but trying to re-start this game after five years away?! Yeah, that kinda sucked…especially without a FC to fall back on. Remembering how to play my old healer-main…

Well…

That didn’t go well. So I started a new character to relearn the game from scratch…but I still miss my old FC…

1 Like

:wave: If you are on Excalibur, the easiest way to accepted to the FFXIV chapter is to post on the placard outside our tiny home (Plot 15, 3rd Ward, Mist). Please put your forum name in the request. If you haven’t completed the housing quests yet (which gives you a tour) Mist is a zone off of Lower La Noscea. You can be accepted even if you are offline and you don’t have to play tag with an officer. If the officer, or you are in a dungeon they do not show up on search and cannot be contacted. One of the shortcomings of having dungeons in an instance.

Airen (Ariki Ko FFXIV CO)

Hiya! Welcome back to Final Fantasy XIV!

Whatever server you are on from back in the day, don’t fret about joining a free company. Join one that is friendly and available, just to get the buffs while you relearn. The friendliest one should be all of them on your server; that is sort of the norm for Final Fantasy XIV! :slight_smile: I enjoyed each free company i was in until i could finally migrate to Excalibur and do the application process to get into the OTG free company …

It can be a months long process to get over to the Excalibur server where OTG has its 1 free company.
It took me like 3 months or something once ‘joined OTG’ a few years ago to get to OTG on Excalibur …

Anyhow , good luck! Welcome, and enjoy!!!

You can also look an FC members details (from a search or friends list for example) and get to the house placard from there. That was a life saver for me while I was still too little for much travelling and exploring. Don’t use that as an excuse to not visit the house when you can tho, it’s amazing!

@Hashberry Great point! Much easier that way.