Google Stadia

Yeah I’m not so sure about that. There are plenty of people that claim they can play over cellular wifi using a … I keep seeing Tablet + Keyboard? I’m not real sure I buy that would be a good experience. =D

That’s the exact idea … you can take a Chromebook anywhere with a wifi connection. And the fidelity normally available on that form factor vs the 1080p/60fps on Stadia, it’s hard to say it’s not a good option for a certain type of on-the-go user. Obviously you aren’t going to see twitch-muscle-based shooters or esports grow on this (for now!) but maybe in the future. It can only get better from here.

1 Like

Yeah its an exciting time imo! Never would I have expected myself to consider buying a low end laptop and just streaming!

It doesn’t look good.

More bad news. Don’t watch if your genuinely enthusiastic about Google Stadia.

The deal breaker for me is paying full game price but not for the game itself but to access the game on googles servers and to stream it. I think a good analogy would be playing a game on someone else’s PC via Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Assistance program. Its remote play.

“Hope you like old games.”

Currently playing Modded Minecraft, CK2, World of Warships. Why yes, yes I do.

1 Like

Does anyone have a spare buddy pass for stadia? I tried to get the founders edition but had to cancel it because I couldn’t afford it. I’m hoping to try stadia maybe if I got a controller. Just wondering as founders edition is sold out. I’d rather get wasabi controller over the basic white one

Edit: I’ve gone ahead and ordered the white premier edition after all. I won’t need a buddy pass.

The Buddy Pass won’t be out on release anyway. Maybe 2 week afterwards, they said.

Currently rather a lot of features are slated for ‘later’…

New games added to sweeten the launch deal. 22 games are on the Day one list now:

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2019/11/18/google-stadia-launch-game-line-up-nearly-doubled-10-games-added-just-days-before-release/

Doesn’t really change the fact that probably 90% of people in the US won’t even be able to use it due to their bandwidth and transfer caps :stuck_out_tongue:

Sid Alpha
Google Stadia reviews are in and the verdict is massive lag and high latency. So, of course, I couldn’t help but talk about it.

Bellular News

158K subscribers

In todays story, silicon valley and consumer entertainment clash. Tech power users like myself will often be thrilled to get in on the early version of a new product or service, but when it comes to an entertainment product? Well, as good as Stadia’s tech may be, the service appears lacking in most other areas.

There’s one thing I have to point out in here. It is a thing that I see catching steam and wish more people were aware of the hype overshadowing reality.

Everyone remember the famed gold-plated HDMI cables? HDMI being digital meaning that the gold plating was not adding any benefit over non-gold-plated HDMI cables because there literally could be no increase in quality.

4K monitors and the whole push for 4K is basically the same thing. Are there benefits to 4K over 1080p? Yes, under certain circumstances.

What circumstances are those? In the living room space do you have a 120" television? If not, then you’re probably not gaining anything from 4K over 1080p. When it comes to monitors you would need a quite large monitor at normal desk viewing distances to be able to see the difference. Not 120" large, but again, larger than what most people currently have or even find comfortable. Source of why I point this out here,

So while I think Stadia has loads of problems at launch I actually think the fact that they aren’t offering 4K isn’t a bad thing because it is more status symbol than actual science. Just like those gold plated HDMI cables.

The gold plated connector thing isn’t completely bogus, but it is bogus in many ways the HDMI connectors were advertised.

Gold (not just thinly gold plated) connectors are used a lot in situations where they are exposed to changing conditions, due to the fact that they don’t corrode. Corrosion on your connectors, especially when they get unplugged/replugged a lot will definitely degrade your signal, and that’s as bad (or sometimes worse) for digital as it is for analog.

Good example of this would be the connection strips for console game cartridges from back when.

:frowning:

I’m sorry for those that bought into what can only be described as an early access or beta launch. From what i’ve read we’re years away from a viable service.

A buddy of mine seems to have it working but he has been an early Google adopter and had a Pixel phone for a while.

How does he like it? Does it perform better on a Pixel?

This review is more indepth then the others I’ve posted.

No Comment

1 Like

If they can’t deliver on a feature like 4k 60fps then It shouldn’t be in the ad.