If you are an applicant who knows a current member (of greater than 6 months) and you wish that connection to be taken into consideration:
- It is your responsibility to get a referral. Ask your friend or family to follow the instructions below. No referral means no special consideration.
- If you are under 25, you MUST have a referral to be considered for membership.
If you are a current member who wants to refer a friend or family member:
Your friend or family member must first submit an application, like any stranger off the street. Instructions are here.
Post a referral in their application topic or send a referral PM to a Membership officer.
Your referral should include the following information:
- The applicant’s username (if referring via PM).
- The applicant’s relationship to you. If you are a friend, how long have you known them?
- A good word or two from you.
BillyBobThornton is my brother, and he wants to join OTG. He’s mostly over his childhood traumas, so I think he’s a good fit for OTG.
If your friend or family member is under 25, they MUST have a referral from you to be considered for membership.