[Finished] SF - Three AP Starfinder Campaign (Saturdays, 8-11 EDT)

ok well, I decided not to make the carrier - but we are at about the limits of what we can do with a single ship with a crew of 5 (6 minimum even for the Destroyer we are in now). I might be able to squeeze a little more out of it and of course some weapons could be swapped, but generally this is going to be the top we can do without NPC crew, or running multiple ships.

Frame Destroyer
Power Core Gateway Heavy
thrusters L 10 (horicalcum)
Shields Hvy 420
drift engine Signal Basic
computer mk 5 trinode
sensors Advanced Long Range
crew quarters Luxurious
armor MK 12
Armor Ablative Light (100)
Bulkheads MK 5
Fortified Hull Nanocarbon plate (+20 CT)
defenses MK 15
fwd Arc hvy Hvy Buster
fwd Arc hvy Gatling Cannon (Adamantine Mount)
port light Magic Torpedo Unit
starboard light Magic Torpedo Unit
aft light Magic Torpedo Unit
turret light Scrambler
Expansion Bays (4)
Life Boat
Life Boat
Rec Suite, HAC
Tier 17 VI
Skill Expander (Profession Cook)
Spines MK4
AutoDestruct

Now as much fun as i have making the ship. I would like to recommend that unless there is some fail mechanic that you just narrate the space combat @Rando, for everyone elseā€™ sake. With the exception of the pilot actually maneuvering the ship - it really boils down to a dozen dice rolls per person and a lot of youtube being watched between rolls. I know this will impact what you are prepping for the session so I am suggesting it now before you cram in any prep you might do tomorrow. Guys if I spoke out of place and you enjoy space combat speak up, but I didnt get the feeling that anyone was really that engaged with it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m ok if @Rando wants to narrate it or not. Of course that will get us to the end that much sooner. Which Iā€™m of two minds on.

To to be perfectly frank though, I played Star Fleet Battles in the past and one battle could just take 2+ hours between 2 ships. But everyone involved was involved for the whole time. And I was never bored. Why I kept going back every time someone wanted to do it.

And there is boredom in the FG Starfinder Space battles Iā€™m afraid. It might be nicer if it had multiple actions allowed per player per turn but it doesnā€™t.

Mith

Even though I donā€™t mind Starship combat I can understand the dislike for it as well. I am fine if @Rando hand waves it or narrates it or whatever. Starship combat is rather basic for my character as I just shoot a gun. But I like playing other roles in Starship combat, I am the captain in our Dead Suns campaign.

So like I bought Foundry (VTT) and itā€™s pretty fā€™n slick.

I bought the pre-made Abomination Vaults AP for PF2 in Foundry and its umā€¦ pretty fā€™n slick. They re-did the maps all hi-res and custom for the Foundry version of the module wish kinda pisses me off since we donā€™t have access to those in FGU nor in the PDFs. Itā€™s the only official Paizo adventure available for Foundry (besides the PF2 Beginnerā€™s Box) that Iā€™m currently aware of. Starfinder is the redheaded stepchild and itā€™ll probably be a while before we get any official Starfinder adventures ported to Foundry (if ever). Iā€™m guessssing that the updated and consolidated Dead Suns AP weā€™re getting this fall (Sept?) will be the first thing ported to Foundry.

I have not looked at the Starfinder ruleset nor any Starfinder specific Foundry add-ons. There is a tool/add-on that greps the (Paizo) PDFs and imports the images/maps/encounters/statblocks/etc ā€œproperlyā€ into Foundry. I havenā€™t tried it yet.

Iā€™m leaning towards finishing this campaign in Fantasy Grounds 'cause Iā€™ve already go the modules there that I paid for (and all of the Starfinder splat books that Iā€™ve paid for). And with the exception of starship combat (which per Findyā€™s suggestion Iā€™m probably just going to mostly hand wave from now on) the ruleset works pretty good in FGU.

Never seen it, but sounds interesting to try out.

just a reminder that i will miss this weeks session, will be out of town.

I have family coming to visit this weekend so I will have to miss this weekā€™s session as well.

Well then I guess weā€™re off this week. See yā€™all June 11th?

Yeah Iā€™m good for the 11th.

speaking of playing Cyberpunk instead of gaming, check this out. Worth a look if you have not seen it yet.

So Foundry absolutely slaps.

And I/we have discovered (maybe too late?) that just like Fantasy Grounds players donā€™t actually have to make any purchases. To connect to a Foundry game (as a player) you connect via your browser of choice (Chrome is preferred.)

So I pose the question to yā€™all: if I can figure out how to get the remaining 1 1/2 modules of The Devastation Ark into Foundry, do we want to try that or just stick it out in Fantasy Grounds?

AHEM Pardon me sire, but I think I said that back when I was talking up Foundry awhile back. Heck I even reiterated that recently. :smirk:

Nobody listens
rodney

But seriously, Iā€™m all for moving over to Foundry (took ya long enough) :smirk:
In fact, Iā€™m gonna start remaking Zabraxas in Foundry so I can import him into your Foundry game and have less work for you to do @Rando because I am so swell.

Unfortunately no, nix this idea.

PDFtoFoundry is the addon that pulls info from Paizo products into Foundry; it only works with PF2. So Iā€™d have to enter everything by hand. 1 1/2 modules left, weā€™ll finish in Fantasy Grounds.

Makes sense. Then, when you run your Pathfinder 2 cyberpunk game, we can switch. :smiley:

2 Likes

Level 17 next week.

Ahhhh, the lvl where I finally succeed at intimidating somethingā€¦Iā€™m sure of it :crossed_fingers:

So Rando did you pull the trigger? should i be conceptualizing a PF2 character?

Newp. Weā€™re in Starfinder till the bitter end.

Thereā€™s nothing to run (for Foundryā€¦ yet). I doubt theyā€™ll ever back-port anything; no AP for 2E has sold well enough with the exception of Abomination Vaults.

I have no desire to run Outlaws of Alkenstar. Ditto for the forthcoming Bloodlords. Next year weā€™ll be getting the Mana Wastes/Nex adventure.

Between now and then weā€™ve only got: Iā€™d never want to play it personally, but I could be convinced to run the updated Kingmaker coming Sept-ish and I bet itā€™ll probably get the full Foundry treatment too.

Iā€™m not familiar enough with Foundry (yet) to consider porting/implementing a 1E AP like say, Hellā€™s Rebels, by hand.

Sorry (not sorry) about not dying to the double BBEGā€™s last session. Next time spring for three of them, I would have still voted yes. :smirk:

Kingmaker? I call dibs on the evil grand vizier job. I will go buy a parrot now. As for Pathfinder 1E, I am up for anything in that sphere.