[Finished] PF2 - Big Troubles in Little Otari Extravaganza (Sundays, 8-11 EDT)

So I just invested in Dungeondraft which is yet-another-neato-mapmaking-software. Neat parts:

• waaaay easier to use than my current mapmaker (Campaign Cartographer)
  • can easily import map files in Foundry that automagically places walls and lights!

So I made 3 maps for Hell’s Rebels in Campaign Cartographer of which we used 1. We also re-used a single map I had made for Age of Ashes.

Time to make 'em again in Dungoendraft? Yes? What are we doing after Abomination Vaults? Hell’s Rebels? Waiting for the Harrow Deck AP next spring/summer? Doing something else?

[Edit] We also have an importer in Foundry for Hero Lab Online PF2 characters. Haven’t tried it.

1 Like

Hell’s Rebels? I can feel my character creation analysis paralysis coming back again…

Zanistra is just starting to come into her own now that she has 3rd level spells. Would be tough losing her.

That said, I’ve had a couple of character concepts for Hell’s Rebels sitting around in my head that I would like to try.

^ /3char

I read the post. I just assumed you secretly wanted to start a new campaign.

What do you mean “secretly”? :astonished: :rofl:

1 Like

Well you made a really good attempt at killing off Zanistra. Although to be fair that’s really on me for not staying inside the champion’s defensive bubble.

I’m starting to feel my inner swashbuckler awaken again :wink:

so this would be what we would do inbetween campaigns for our current characters?

e.g. A Team in AV and Harrow Deck and B team in Hell’s Rebels

would the characters coming out of Hell’s Rebels be the same level as the ones coming out of AV? Oh and maybe have a reason to go to Otari?

Hell’s Rebels is 1-20; it’s a full campaign. It would be for brand new (level 1) characters who are local to the city of Kintargo (which is the capital of Ravounel, an Archduchy of Cheliax). It’s a completely different part of Golarion.

My thinking is this:

Instead of

• Finish Abomination Vaults → wait x months → Harrow Deck AP

it would be

• Finish Abomination Vaults → wait a couple weeks → make new characters and play Hell’s Rebels

Do we actually know that there will be a months long wait between the end of Abomination Vaults and the release of Harrow Deck?

IIRC we started Abomination Vaults sometime around late April / early May. (I remember I was mulling over my character when my wife and I visited @Rando in April). So we’ve been playing about 5 months and unless I’m mistaken, we’re not quite finished with the first module yet and we’re definitely shy of the half-way mark. (I think we’ve completed 4/10 levels).

So at our current rate of completion, I believe we’re likely to finish up in March at the earliest which would be just about a month shy of the Harrowdeck release.

The Gatewalkers AP sounds interesting: https://paizo.com/products/btq02dsq?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-187-The-Seventh-Arch

Why are you bringing logic and math into this? What good could that possibly achieve?!?!?

2 Likes

On a separate note, it seems I will be unable to attend our gaming session this Sunday evening.

I have an onsite interview Monday. It runs from 9:30 to 4 so I’m expecting it to be quite the gauntlet. Will need to prepare all of my mightiest spells.

If possible, whoever plays Zanistra in my absence if you could prioritize the following downtime activities:

1. Learn the Portal Ritual
  2. Tutor the rich kids

I think a Drow, er Cavern Elf would make an appropriately intimidating math tutor.

Wow, did we wax that Void Fiend and Spectre last night or what?

Regarding @Spoon 's question last night about whether or not to prepare Haste:

I think since you’ve got a solid healing font then you don’t need to set aside any of your highest level spell slots for Heal. So Haste could be really useful there.

I’m planning to learn Haste but probably won’t prepare it until after I’ve got at least 4th level spells and Bond Conservation - I was thinking it could be useful for trying to get Bond Conservation to work in combat. The internet consensus seems to be that Bond Conservation is terrible in combat because of the poor action economy but my hope is that hasted, it might be possible to use. (Haste can only be used for a move or strike but Wizards gotta stay mobile, yo.)

At 6th level, I’m thinking maybe I should start preparing Dispel Magic in one of my third level spells slots - currently I only have it prepared at 2nd level. Anyone have thoughts about that? So far it seems we haven’t needed it so its kind of been a “wasted” slot, but I have also learned that you never need Dispel Magic until you really need it.

yeah i was thinking about it some more today. Since it is a 3rd level spell, I can only target 1 person with it.

While (at least from my understanding, the extra action can only be used for a strike or a stride) it becomes a ‘crit fish’ for our champ and monk for the most part (since they would more than likely be max MAP at that point makes haste a bit of a waste on them. On Binazzi though that could mean :

• a second attack with her crossbow (start loaded)(2 attacks map2 + 1 animal companion attack if it is already in range)

1. mark

2. shoot

3. reload and move if needed

4. shoot haste action

5. move or attack with animal companion if possible.

• reload and give her animal companion an action after shooting (3 total attacks map2)(simplifies her action economy a lot, but basically would look kind of like the outline above)

1. mark

2. shoot

3. animal companion actions x2 (the one it gets for itself and one of her actions)

4. running reload (move then interact to reload)

if she doesn’t have to mark then she will get 4 attacks off

1. shoot

2. running reload

3. animal companion actions x2 (the one it gets for itself and one of her actions)

4. shoot

Either of the first two is extra attacks on target with only hitting map2 and when she does connect it is almost always for good damage.

I also think it would put my need to rest for spells closer to your need to rest, which would make less spells get wasted per day on my end.

**on a side note, I need to get some scrolls next time we are in town for status removals (disease, curse, etc). most of the time these spells seem like a waste to memorize, as i use to carry them but then would never use em or in the case of paralyze it would just get reapplied the next round.

i keep 2 dispel magics on my spell list at lvl 2, but been thinking about changing that out since last night was the first time that it would have been useful (breaking the thrall spell on Zircon), but the mob was so low it made more since to blast it.

i don’t know if it will be come more useful soon :man_shrugging: I spend way too much time concerned with what is prepared.

Um…

Why is this not on the arcane spell list?!

sigh at least I don’t feel so bad for selling it.

I went through pretty much the same analysis when I was deciding whether or not to get Slow instead of Haste at 5th level and came to rather similar conclusions about the extent it would help the martials or not.

I’ll still probably learn it at 6th level but I’m glad I know Mortimer can cast it now!

Regarding Dispel Magic - totally up to you regarding whether and how many to prepare. If it’s something you’d like to prepare for Mortimer then I think I might rather have Zanistra prepare something else. But if not, she can prepare it instead.

Here are the spells she currently knows:

3rd Level:

• Slow
  • Fireball
  • Magic Missile (heightened)
  • Fear (heightened)

2nd Level:

• Scorching Ray
  • Dispel Magic
  • False Life
  • Glitterdust
  • Comprehend Languages

I can’t remember what all she has for 1st level.

@Rando , out of curiosity does Foundry have the automation to account for a wizard’s Spell Penetration feat?

Otherwise after 6th level I will need to remind you every time we encounter a monster with a status bonus to saving throws.

Oh you sweet summer child.