[Finished] Friday 5E D&D Scales of War - 8:30 - 11:00 pm Eastern

I won’t be able to make it tonight. Sorry for short notice guys.

I feel bad and hope there wasn’t too many waiting last night. I was still at the cottage and had thought I had said I wouldn’t be posting for the next campaign until this weekend.

Condolences @fenwald Big hugs!

I’ll be posting info for discussion, if not tonight, then by tomorrow evening.

@Akasa @grapper @fenwald @PiperHecht @Silent @Thantoss

And so we begin Out of the Abyss again.

The question is where? Do you wish to start right fresh from the beginning? Just escaped the slavers clutches. Just escaped Sloopidoop and the result of the summons? Skip the first section of underdark altogether and start the next phase of the journey topside with all the knowledge of the scary goings on?

I’m open to anything.

What will be true is that we’ll be using Fantasy Grounds Unity. I’ve been pleased with the progress and updates it’s been receiving, so we’ll plan on using it.

The other thing to decide is when to start. Fridays at 8pm EST is still going to be the time, but do we start this coming Friday? Discuss!

I have read a lot on the module and have ideas on how to improve my running you through it, so hopefully it will have less hiccups this time.

Available Books for Character Creation

PHB, DMG
Guildmaster’s Guide to Ravnica
Mord’s Tome of Foes
Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide
The Tortle Package
Volo’s Guide to Monsters
Xanathar’s Guide to Everything

Starting levels will be determined when we figure out where we’re starting.

@Vulreyn,
Looks like both @Silent and @fenwald will already be in an Out of the Abyss campaign. So our Wednesday group may have to look for a backup plan.

I’m fine starting at the beginning, or wherever.

I’m planning to make a rogue/swashbuckler

how are we doing stats?

We’ll do point buy.

@fenwald woah sorry to hear I hope you are okay, just a bit hard to relate due to my past not sure what to say… sorry

@mothak I’m good to start where ever is good for you and everyone else. I saw something in post about a wed meeting? Did I miss something?

@Thantoss That was just Jendai pointing something out for another group, nothing to worry yourself about.

Swashbuckler

Token for my character :slight_smile:

What is everyone planning to play

Game Info

Fantasy Grounds Unity
Game Name: Friday OotA
Host: Mothak
Pass: OTG

Cant find any game named: Friday OotA

Yes. DLing and updating.

Nevermind. I believe I may have found it.

Where does one obtain the “Unity” version of Fantasy Grounds?

So I’d pretty much want to play the same character as before.
I believe it was a Tiefling Warlock, but correct me if otherwise.
Do we have access to our old characters?
It would really help me A TON to be able to reference him.
This is a character thats waay outside my norm, but I was really starting to enjoy it.
LMK.
Thanks!

I apologize, I lost those campaign files in my upgrade to Windows 10.

It’s all good.
I can relearn. I dont remember much but recall I was having fun.
I was mostly interested in his ability scores and what I’d done there.
Again, I have no idea so will need to read up on the race and class again. Very cool.
Thank you!

Just remember that Mordenkainan’s tome of foes book has released tiefling lineages as well, allowing you to choose from a bunch of different subraces.

HA! Good old Mordenkainian.
Thank you for the heads-up. I’ll check it out.

Just remember that Mordenkainan’s tome of foes book has released tiefling lineages as well, allowing you to choose from a bunch of different subraces.

Hey everyone.

A little late, but here’s the update as to what was decided last Friday.

We’ll be starting from the beginning, with character at level 2. We’ve got a swashbuckling rogue and a moon druid, along with a warlock likely.

Our session 0 is now scheduled for August 28th.

1 Like

Is it too late to get in on this? I was told it was happening, but I didn’t realize stuff was taking place inside another game’s thread.

EDIT : Ah. I just realized it was taking place in Unity. My mistake.

Sorry Vulreyn. We’re currently full at 6 players.