Finally found a gaming chair I can use

Recently I’ve noticed my current gaming chair has started to deteriorate. The last time I only had to find a replacement seat cushion which was in itself a interesting adventure since my chair was pretty old to begin with. I was using an artist chair that could be raised up or dropped down to fit where I needed it to be. But its beyond that now.

So I started searching for a replacement and finally found one that is not way too big for my frame (small ones are hard to find). I was impressed with the ergonomics of this chair and pleased it was not built in China. It comes highly recommended with quite a lot of great features.

6 Likes

That looks like a nice one! I started to gasp at the price but then realized I think I paid close to that for my Secret Labs chair which is not as ergonomic (but still a great chair!).

Let us know how the chair works out once you get to use it.

I shall.

1 Like

I have a Secret Labs chair as well, and many days it’s the only place I can sit without pain.
(Having a chipped tail bone along with everything else is all sorts of not fun.)

2 Likes

Ive never had a better gaming chair than my SL.

On another note, since i clicked the link to look at Lyn’s chair I’m getting tons of ads for it. Lol

2 Likes

I use a vpn so I have not had that problem. Especially since I had to provide my email address for the payment and delivery. I also have uBlock Origin and Adblock Plus on my web browser. You might see if you have not selected or enabled pop up protections.

1 Like

I have adblock plus but youtube starts getting rude when i have it on for too long so i periodically have to shut it off for that platform. That’s where I’m getting most of the ads. I just find it funny that this happens when you click a link just once. Lol

Nice chair but I’ve only spent 500 bucks on my laz-y-boy.

Hey there Tom, I tried the laz-y-boy chairs at one time, but I cannot get comfortable in them. I’m usually too small for those chairs and they offer no lumbar support either. They are a good lounging chair but not for me to use as a gaming chair. I need to sit up fairly strait with back support and have my feet planted firmly on a foot rest or the floor to be comfortable.

if I don’t have a really firm seat, I end up with my lower legs/feet getting the tingles which is not a good thing for someone who has to watch out for proper blood flow to my feet.

1 Like

Ditto. Just came here to post that my Facebook feed was full of Hinomi ads.

They seem to have a pretty aggressive advertising plan. Lol I’m not mad, just find it amusing. At least the chair they’re advertising seems to be a good one!

Chair just arrived today, but you would have thought it was Ft Knox with the packaging they used. Heavy duty cardboard and lots of pressed foam sheets with some new type of protective wrapping that looks like it belongs on the shuttle.

It came almost completely assembled: body in one piece with the back and seat together, head rest separate and of course the base w/the pistol unit to connect the base w/casters to the body of the chair. Extremely well packaged. The entire box could have been dumped on the ground and nothing would have been hurt by the impact.

So the assembly will be shortly after lunch and if I can figure out how to get a good image. I’ll get it uploaded so you can see what I have. I do great with cameras, but phone camera challenged I am. :blush:

Here is the video that actually reflects the exact chair model I purchased. Everything is so easy as he does a complete unboxing and assembly review as well as how he personally found the chair quality. I am pleased with what I’ve seen so far and the unboxing is exactly how we experienced it today.

2 Likes

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on this chair and how comfy it is!

Here are my initial thoughts on this chair:

1. Headrest: I am not a fan of headrests so after my son so painstakingly put the chair all together for me, I had him remove the headrest… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: all I got was a raised eyebrow, but he complied. Although, there is a base part attached to the top of the chair where the headrest is attached, one would need to be careful because once you put the slim panel to cover over those screws, you could break it if you tried to pry that panel off without being careful. However, the headrest itself, although adjustable, I really did not want it attached, so he took that part off for me.

2. The back attached to a spine piece so that you can adjust it up or down as you need, which helps to adjust where that lumbar part sits…extremely well placed I must say. That is something I truly was happy to see.

3. The seat is adjustable forward or backward depending on how deep you need your seat to be. It can also be adjusted up or down, but remember to put the armrests up before trying this. The adjustment mechanisms are on the right side just under the seat. The one in the front position allows you to adjust the seat up/down while the one behind it is the forward/backward adjustment for the seat.

Very, very nice because when I sat in it after adjusting it, I found my legs were not left dangling or had any pressure under the knee area. That is crucial since I have some lower leg circulation issues that will cause blood flow problems. And when seated, my feet actually are on the floor properly, even though I will probably get a small step up to give me the ability to raise my legs off the edge of the chair to provide me more comfort.

1. The footrests…well just let me say I think they could have offered those as an option because they really only reach just below the calf and not far enough to rest your feet on. Some folks might like that, but I’m not a fan of that position. However, those footrests can be pulled out and then the rest pads can be folded under the seat out of the way and don’t sit awkwardly at the edge of the seat, as the seat is wide enough to go over those.

2. The armrests are extremely adjustable. As the video shows you can actually pull the arm rests slightly out and pushed upwards to fold just behind the edge of the back of the chair, out of the way. More adjustable than anything I’ve encountered in adjustable chairs so far, so I am pleased with how those work.

Overall, initial testing has proven this may just be better for me than the old artist stool/chair I’ve been using for years. Its certainly more adjustable than the one I have been using and the material is firm enough you don’t sink into it but comfortable as I detest soft seats. The other thing is the material is breathable due to the material used. Nice firm mesh-type which offers air circulation so that you don’t get too hot. I like that.

As I use it, I’ll come back and point out anything else I find. But the guy in the video was spot on for the quality and build of this chair. Some of his negative points are things anyone may find ok or not, because it is a personal consideration. Sorta like how I feel about the headrest…some folks like them, others don’t.

Well now to rearranging my gaming rig with this new chair. Since my desk is a stand/sit with electric up/down function, I do not see where I will have any problem getting my setup adjusted for use with this new chair.

2 Likes

Nice looking chair. I like that it has all the color options. I have a SL chair and my feet don’t comfortably reach the floor with it as low as it will go. Plus, the seat part felt harder so that took getting used to. Yes, these chairs can be quite expensive now, but hopefully they hold up overtime. I’ve had mine about four years now and it’s still in good shape.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed update.