Fated Raids & Rewards (Shadowlands Season 4), UPDATE August 2

How Fated raids and rewards will work in Shadowlands Season 4
Shadowlands Season 4 starts on August 2 and there are a host of incoming features — new Mythic+ difficulty dungeons, for example — but one of the most novel and intriguing is the Fated affixes coming for Shadowlands raid instances Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Sepulcher of the First Ones on a random, rotating system. These affixes increase the difficulty on the boss fights within the instance, while the raid chosen to be Fated that week will drop special Fated gear that’s of a higher ilevel than usual.

The affixes really appear to be interesting options to concentrate on learning. New dances for Prissy! :grin:

As part of the Season there are special Broker vendors who can be found outside of each raid, and which sell Weapons, Trinkets, and other items from the three raid instances boosted to normal Fated raid ilevel. The catch? These items cost Puzzling Cartel Dinar, one Dinar per item. Once you’ve gotten and spent 3 such Puzzling Cartel Dinar, the vendors go away and you can’t interact with them anymore on that character. That means you can use the Puzzling Cartel Dinar to fill any gaping holes in your inventory, but getting and spending all of them too fast might mean you end up with an item you wanted at the time but now have seen drop several times, while the item you ended up wishing you had can’t be acquired because you spent your Dinar too early.

It appears we’ll need to be pretty careful what we purchase with those Dinar tokens as we shall only be able to get three. I probably would want to save mine until I figure out which items I need most rather than what I want instead.

1 Like

Here is some more information:

How Do Fated Raids Work?

Each week, one raid will be marked as Fated. You may enter a Fated raid in any difficulty (Raid Finder, Normal, Heroic or Mythic). Note that while a raid is marked as Fated, you cannot enter its non-Fated version until the following week when another raid becomes Fated—so plan your transmogrification and achievement runs accordingly! You can find our Fated raid schedule here.

Once you enter a Fated raid, you’ll notice that all enemies and bosses will have adjusted stats—the goal here isn’t to make your raid group go through progression again; we’re aiming to provide a proper but not insurmountable challenge for those already experienced with the encounters.

Each boss encounter will be empowered by one of four unique Fated Powers. These will vary from boss to boss and week to week, presenting challenges for your raid group that reward Fated Infusions, temporary powerful auras for your efforts. Should you conquer any boss in a Fated raid, you’ll receive rewards according to the difficulty level you’ve completed them in. The item level distribution for Fated raids is as follows:

• Raid Finder: 265-272
  • Normal: 278-285
  • Heroic: 291-297
  • Mythic: 304-311

All gear obtained in Fated raids can be converted into set pieces at the Creation Catalyst.

We still do not know the minimum ilvl required for LFR.
But my guess is still around 246 based on SotFO.

Guess we will find out tomorrow

Trevain