Fallout 76 Friends - Who and How

Imma trendsetterer! :smiley:

I plan to go forward after beta, playing the game. Hope others in shadow group go forward with me. Hope we have an otg presence in the game.

1 Like

Good question. Do we have a guild/clan/whatever set up yet?

I don’t believe there is support for that yet in the game. Some people speculate it might be called factions.

1 Like

My Bethesda handle seems to be DrDelirium, playing on PC (will try to be there today in the 1h window, at least to create a character), and will probably have Delirium (or a variation of it) or Stardust or something else I will dream up when the time comes :slight_smile:

Here’s a link to a post about factions and private servers. They haven’t yet announced when they will be implemented, but Bethesda has confirmed both.

I don’t yet understand if player groups will only be roleplaying the factions like Brotherhood of Steel, raiders, etc. or if there will be some official in-game means of identifying yourself as such.

My Bethesda account name is Cradz

Bought PC version today so hopefully I can play in Beta Thursday. Wish I had jumped in earlier now. :grin:

From what I’ve seen this game will keep me going for a few months until Pantheon goes Alpha.

Splitting into PC, Xbox and PS4 makes good sense, but to start we may need to keep it simple and see what kind of reception the game gets from the OTG community.

It might be wise to compartmentalize each platform, but to start we can try and work it out as a unified collective; let’s all just pledge to be clear in our post titles as to which platform we are referring to.

Discord VOIP (A unified general lobby, and then 3 or 4 group channels)

Fallout 76 General Lobby
Group 1
Group 2
Group 3

Note: OTG Discord is generally private to OTG members, however OTG does have some public channels at the top of Discord that can be used if you need a public VOIP for grouping with non-guild members. More can be added as needed.

(As a rule, let’s start simple, and we can expand later as needed.)

Just ideas.

1 Like

Finbar-OTG (PC Bethesda)

How old are you “Oldpcgamer”? I’m 88 years young - and counting. Still love gaming. hehe. I’ve been an Old Timer since August, 2006. Trustee

1 Like

I’m Varzil on bethesda.net

I’m actually 56 this past September.

Just an update. I changed my Bethesda username to Oldpcgamer+

Yup, that’s right … same as my forum name… just with a + sign on the end. And yes Fallout 76 for the PC.

1 Like

Grats and best wishes. Lord Bless ya and happy gaming. Hope we have lots of Oldtimers in Fallout 76. Wish you the best of everything with good health and happiness as you grow older. I am doing well and enjoying life (and gaming) at 88 and looking forward to at least a few more years. Hope to see you in game.
---- oldpcgamer noreply@forums.oldtimersguild.com wrote:

1 Like

Spanky_OTG is my Bethesda.nut username.

I will be group playing. Slow crawl, lots of exploring. The usual OTG approach.

I never noticed in game, but does a persons name change color if they are a friend? Either on the map or in the world? That’s kind of why I integrated OTG into my game name. We all know that means, don’t shoot me unless you mean it :slight_smile:

Not sure. They show up red on the map.

BTW during beta I did see someone red on the map. I was I think level 4… they were level 30. So… I didn’t try and get the bounty. :open_mouth:

PC Bethesda name: +Letum

76 for pc ill be on there alot haha “Aironax”

If I remember correctly, I believe they said it’ll normalize damage so it’s not a huge discrepancy between levels, but I don’t remember if that was official or not